Relay For Life Food

mokanpy

Reaction score
My wife is a co-captain of her office Relay For Life team. I have been doing office lunch bbq fundraisers for the last 2 months. I've done burgers and brats, chicken, ribs, and butt. This Friday is our Relay event, I'm planning on smoking 15 racks of babybacks tomorrow. I'm planning on selling 2 bones and half an ear of corn for $5. We are expecting 500 people at relay, I'll be happy if I can sell to 100. After I pay for food, all money go to the fundraiser.

Lucky you. They don't allow us to sell food from our site at our Relay.

Good luck with your event!

All I have ever seen was like a small bake sale thing never something like that. I am working an overtime security detail at our towns Relay this friday and I will hope someone like you is there.

Thanks guys. It should be fun. This will be my biggest feed yet. I've done multiple butts or a few racks for my own parties, biggest public event for sure. I'll get photos and post my feedback.

Ok brethren,
I loaded up my pit with 15 racks- whoo she was full! It was fun moving them around to get even heat. 6-8 hrs on the smoke, trying for 2hrs wrapped- I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.
0mkl.jpg

Babybacks up front, Corn on the kettle in back:
06p8.jpg

We do a PP Sammy and a side of slaw for $5 at our Relay each July. Usually bring in about $200-$300. Thanks for what you do.

We did pretty well I think. Sold out of everything- must have made $500 for the charity-
zf51.jpg
Grill Area

rsau.jpg
Last batch on the grill

Back