Source for 55 gallon Drum in Long Island?

I'd say call them and see what you see. Also, there should be several people selling them on CL. Up here in Maine there's around 10-12 adds going all the time for used cheap barrels. I'm talkin' 5-35 bucks.

I'd say call them and see what you see. Also, there should be several people selling them on CL. Up here in Maine there's around 10-12 adds going all the time for used cheap barrels. I'm talkin' 5-35 bucks.

Checked CL and will check again. I've answered some ads only to find that the drums were lined - and I don't want to go down that road. This company looks like a good source because they're in my home town - they'll probably be a little pricey though.

Like your signature, lol. Mine will probably be something like:

Wife: "What are all the charges from Home Depot?"
Me: "Things that we need for the house, dear..."

Wanna buy my UDS??

Sounds tempting. I've already bought most of my hardware, though - and I have a specific design for my intake pipes that I'd like to try. If I can modify your build to suit my purposes it could work. Could you send (or post) some pictures?

Best,

Steve

I'm planning on building a UDS and this company is in my neighborhood:

http://www.ampridedist.com/products/

It's listed on a thread here as a place to find 55 gallon drums - I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?

Steve,

I was wondering if you contacted them and purchased thru them. I am in Massapequa and currently looking for a place to buy one for myself... did you get a decent price?

THanks,

Paul

Paul,

I ended up buying scm1226's UDS and I've been enjoying it ever since. In fact, I just got back from the hardware store with some stuff for a mod.

I did make a phone call and left a message, but to the best of my knowledge it was never returned. Perhaps they're used to selling in higher quantities, or the call got missed.

I think it's still worth a shot and since I still have most of the original hardware for my build, I was actually thinking about trying them again this summer for a first build. If you get a hold of them first and find that they sell individual drums, please let me know.

Best,

Steve

p.s. I just sent them an inquiry via email; I'll let you know if they respond.

Back