Lunch for the week (PRON ALERT)

Bob in St. Louis

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I had some pork and some beef on the WSM this past weekend. As usual, I hate to see open space on the grate as I feel like I'm wasting fuel.

I had a couple frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast in the freezer, so that seemed like a good idea. I thought I'd roll some up in some tortillas and take them to work for lunch.
But my wife bought me some ham lunchmeat. Seems like a good idea to throw that on the smoker as well.

So....in addition to the "main course", here's the chicken and slided ham lunchmeat on the WSM.

I only left the ham on for about 15 minutes. Just long enough to get some smoke in it.
Time to move the operations inside.

So I'll put them in sammie baggies and take a few to work for lunch each day.
I was going to post this Sunday night, but haven't been about to get around to it until now (Thursday morning). I've made more than one employee drool over the food. In fact, the other day one of my coworkers bout a panini press on the way home! :thumb:

Thanks guys!
That grinder is actually a used coffee grinder I bought off Ebay many years ago. I use it to grind up my peppercorns, and sometiems dried Rosemary.

I have one that a friend gave us and we have only used it once, now I might have to put that thing to use more often!

Thanks for sharing, looks great! :thumb:

I love making my own lunch meat I have turkey and roast beef in freezer Did pastrami last weekend This weekend I amm branching off and doing Don Marco's cold smoke salmon and also Gore's hot smoked Yum to both

I can't take too much credit for making the lunchmeat. It's the stuff from the deli at the grocery store, all I did was throw it on the smoker.But if I had a slicer, I'd be doing all kinds of smoked lunchmeat!!

Every sunday while im smoking I throw some chicken thighs on for lunch's. My wife chops them for her salads and makes sandwiches for me. Beats all the years of PBJs everyday.

Dang Bob! Those look soooo good. How do you wait til lunch time to eat them? I have to have one on my way to work. :becky:

Back