Pork Loin

ccbear

Reaction score
My mother has asked me to cook a pork loin for Easter. I'll be making this in my Treager. Any recipes or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple rub ... pull off at 140* internal and rest for 10 before slicing.

(You will get repeat requests... often ).

I keep it simple and use salt, pepper and some herbs. Todd's Dirt is a very good herb based seasoning but I have also used poultry seasoning and it works well on pork.

I cook mine at 325 until it hits 135-140 internal, rest and serve.

Again, reverse sear works . . . you can get some smoke flavor into it by going low until you hit about 120IT then a good hot sear to finish off at 140 IT. Rub and or sauce to your liking.

You could try the following...making any changes or additions or subtractions you see fit. It does consistently turn out killer good. And, I usually do the bacon weave.

Good luck.

Smoked Pork Loin Recipe

• Trim fat and all silver skin from loin.
• Brine for 24 hrs.
Brine recipe
1 gallon water
¾ cup salt
2 cups sugar
2 heaping table spoons of Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub
2 table spoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of Rosemary
• Rinse and inject approx. 3-4 ozs of SMOKE ON WHEELS Pork Marinade and Injection, per half loin.

• May wrap a Apple smoked bacon weave around the loin.
• Place in refrigerator, covered in foil, for 12-24 hours.
• Prepare smoker. Use 2-4 small chunks of apple and minion method for charcoal.
• Smoke at 240-260 degrees for approximately 2 ½ hrs.
• Pull when internal temperature hits 140 degrees.
• Wrap in foil and let it rest at least 30 minutes.
• Cut, serve, and receive praise.

I keep it simple and use salt, pepper and some herbs. Todd's Dirt is a very good herb based seasoning but I have also used poultry seasoning and it works well on pork.

I cook mine at 325 until it hits 135-140 internal, rest and serve.
Pretty much my way too. Just remember that pork loves garlic. I usually sneak a quick rub of garlic paste in first, then the S & P and herbs.

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out. I think that I'm going to try Art A's method.

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out. I think that I'm going to try Art A's method.

Hope you enjoy it....I think you will. I forgot to mention that I give it a good rub of Simply Marvelous after injecting and before wrapping in bacon.:p

On a trip to Iowa to pick up a Crane I ate at a restaurant called the Machine Shed near Bentendorf IA ( after the first time my truck automatically pulled in all by it's self:-o) They had on the menu a sausage stuffed smoked pork loin roulade served with sour cream and cherry sauce FARKING AMAZING!!!! SO I stole the recipe and made it my own.:mrgreen: Every time I make it I get high praise.

Basically take a Loin and using a boning knife carefully open up the loin in to a sheet of meat, then take a flavorful loose breakfast sausage. I normally use JD sage maple is good too and spread it on the meat sheet like Butter then roll it up like a Jelly roll and butcher tie it. or bacon wrap it and tie it, cook it to 150 and let it carry over to finish. Open a Can of Pie filling, Cherry , Apple what ever you like to serve along with it along with some sweetened sour cream.

Back