• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Show your BBQ Area

I live in an apartment in California.

Below is the official picture of my BBQ area:

...:cry:

:wink:?

Phase one complete and I'm smoking burgers and carnitas today. Forecast predicts temps around 106 degrees... so I think I'll light a fire. :becky:

Last edited:
Since I started this thread a little over a year ago a lot has changed for me.

I am got a mobile trailer licensed and am starting to do a little vending, events and even some carry out. I eased into it, had my license and insurance for 9 mos before I did my first job. Took me a while to finally get enrolled in a serv safe managers class.

Anyways, here is my current setup.

_C009149.jpg

_C009153.jpg

_C009155.jpg

Mobile Trailer / Kitchen

_C009150.jpg

_C009145.jpg

_C009146.jpg

Wow. What a thread to find on a lazy saturday. Great looking setups and lots of good ideas.

Home setup (more BBQ junk in shed)

d3f4c2b2.jpg

I normally keep it like this so my stuff isn't in the rain and snow.
aea55aa0.jpg

Cooking for large group setup (I need to make another drum smoker)
smokers.jpg

Chris

So Chris, is your home built in the Morton?

So Chris, is your home built in the Morton?

You have a good eye for buildings!! It is a Morton building. Just a bunch of stuff in the building. Here is the inside:
2398b882.jpg

I wish I had a home built aircraft, maybe some day! You must have read that I had a BBQ for my flying club in another thread?!:confused:
Here is the plane I fly most (it was being painted in this photo)
a16aff9e.jpg

Chris

Chris... I love the flat fender. 3B if I am not mistaken?

Chris... I love the flat fender. 3B if I am not mistaken?

You have a good eye for jeeps! It is a 1953 CJ3B.

Here are a couple videos of the jeep. I plan to restore it one of these years, but mostly use it to plow snow. The second video was shot the morning after they finished the Morton building.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiHUD8IakWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]This video shows my 1953 CJ3B Willys jeep - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilr-1M-Uj8E&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Willys gets a workout - YouTube[/ame]

I kind of like Jeeps too.
62d3a92f.jpg

Here is mine

Hi everyone, I was inspired by some of your photos to get my area sorted out, I am going to have to sort some kind of overhead cover as the sun god rarely shines on Wales! And I need to get some insulation on the wood fired oven!

Cheers Si
(In rainy Pembrokeshire!)

Attachments

• BBQ area.jpg
    BBQ area.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,288
WOW!! I am new to this forum and this thread is amazing. AMROCKS, do you have plans or anything for your grilling setup...Im from your neck of the woods and Id love to have a setup like yours....on a smaller scale of course!!!

My humble cooking area. I really need a cover of some kind now that the remodel of the house is finished. Note that my wife graciously allows me a few square feet of her patio plant collecting area...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• BBQAREA1.jpg
    BBQAREA1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,154
We added this patio awile back. Total new area is 16' x 33'

utf-8BSU1BRzAxNDAuanBn.jpg

We had to wheel barrow the concrete in **** 30 feet. Total was about 6 yards.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxNDguanBn.jpg

The top right corner of pic, under the roof is where my partial out door kitchen will be....someday.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTQuanBn.jpg

We just got a hottub and its going next to the shop on the right of picture. The weber one touch silver and UDS are both on wheels and go in shop when not in use for now.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTYuanBn.jpg

WooooW Guys I am super jealous nice patio set ups and bbq equipment. Ive only been really serious for about a year but it will take me a awhile to accumulate and plan my manpit. But its coming soon.

Well we rent right now so there won't be a full Que area for a couple more years. Right now I just pull out the WSM 22 or the Weber Kettle 22 w/ rotisserie when I need to. I'll drag out our folding table or my workbench to use for a work surface. Until we're in our own home in a couple years I can dream and plan out my dream space.

7615923098_caa99d531f.jpg

Cooking in the rain. The WSM's tin foil hat is to keep the CIA and rain from infiltrating.

My area

Here's my family lined up on the patio. Back left is my UDS Smokin' Bucky and to the right 22 1/2" WSM. Center is my 1998 SSP. On the shelf is a Weber Q100 and to the right a Q200. On the left and coming in last, but not least is the newest addition a 2000 Weber Simpsons 22 1/2 OTG!.

I think I need more meat :icon_smile_tongue:

Last edited:
Back