My Shirley Experience

Awesome smoker!! I hope the cable lock is better than one I bought once. I lost the key to it so I tried bolt cutters and they went through it like butter! Looking forward to seeing your first cook....I know you are too.

Haha, that's just my bike cable. With all the yuppies in this neighborhood, I doubt they know how to turn a screwdriver, much less know how to steal a smoker. Hell, half of them probably don't even know what it is!

I have a tongue lock on it as well, but if someone wanted to steal it I'm sure they'll find a way. The lock and cable are merely "deterrents". I can only try to stall them. This is a good neighborhood so I'm not worried, but I still not taking any chances...

...ok, it did happen :-D She is beautiful :thumb:
Now get out there and get it dirty, we'll be watching :peep:

a bears bucket is only good for a grease trap.

congrats on your new smoker

Congrats & welcome to the Shirley family! That is one beauty of a pit. Every new one they do gets better and better.

Thanks to you and your family for keeping us all safe!

I'm jealous of both your rigs - the one you fly and the one you cook on. :thumb: Thank you for your service.

a bears bucket is only good for a grease trap.

congrats on your new smoker

Hey now!!! :boxing:

This year they are gonna be pretty decent (at least on paper they are).

Look into getting one of these man , that cable in the wheel isn't goin to stop a professional trailer jacker. They only 150 bucks

Yeah, I was looking at one of those, but with the gas money from GA to MN, the smoker itself, the 1/2 cow I'm buying next month, and trip to Portland tomorrow, it's not high on the priority list at the moment. I want it to be, but it's tough. The neighborhood I live in is good, so I just gotta make due with the cable and the $25 tongue lock for now. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I'm jealous of both your rigs - the one you fly and the one you cook on. :thumb: Thank you for your service.

Well, I unfortunately don't fly the Apache anymore. Did 3 tours with her, and had a blast (literally and figuratively). Best damn helo in the world! I'm going to be switching to the Blackhawk here soon for the MN guard. It's like going from a corvette to a minivan :becky:

Thanks to all for the kind words!!!! This Brethren site reminds me of the Army (or any branch for that matter). Some of the best people willing to share any info to help another!

Back