• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy were BAD!!!

Smokin' D

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had some beautiful looking Dino Ribs in the freezer and today was the day to cook them. They thawed in the fridge for a few days and I made up a pastrami style wet rub for them this morning that smelled great. Took the ribs out of the fridge and there was a slight bit of greenish liquid in there. That can't be good. Opened the pack and was not knocked over by the smell so rinsed them off and waited a few. Still not a good smell and I could not get any beef smell from them when sniffing up close. Wrapped them up and out they went. $56 in the trash.

Told my wife "I'm off to McKinnon's for some replacements" she goes "Is that the store I like with all the good stuff?" Yep, so we are both going on the trip. Hopefully they have something comparable but fresh!

Greenish?!:shock: Yeah that's not good, I don't think I would've even attempted to give a second sniff after being punched in the face the first time by the smell! Bummer man, throwing out food sucks, esp. when it's meat.

Had some beautiful looking Dino Ribs in the freezer and today was the day to cook them. They thawed in the fridge for a few days and I made up a pastrami style wet rub for them this morning that smelled great. Took the ribs out of the fridge and there was a slight bit of greenish liquid in there. That can't be good. Opened the pack and was not knocked over by the smell so rinsed them off and waited a few. Still not a good smell and I could not get any beef smell from them when sniffing up close. Wrapped them up and out they went. $56 in the trash.

Told my wife "I'm off to McKinnon's for some replacements" she goes "Is that the store I like with all the good stuff?" Yep, so we are both going on the trip. Hopefully they have something comparable but fresh!

I don't know, green sounds about right for Dino Ribs

Attachments

• Dino.jpeg
    Dino.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 95
Sorry to hear that. But meat is cheaper than a trip to the ER, so you did the right thing.

Back