Little Weber Help

jdloring01

Reaction score
Hi all, This is my first time on this forum. I am just starting to get into the art of smoking food. I have a Weber Performer charcoal grill. I love using this grill. I have actually done some ribs on it as well as a couple turkeys. Both turned out great. I was gonna make a UDS smoker and then the wife finally found out what it was gonna look like. I am now making a extender for my Weber to use as a smoker. Has anyone seen or done this? Any tips? I am thinking it will be kind of like a UDS. Any help is appreciated!!

Weber makes a factory "ring". It is for use with a rotisserie,and if you have a rotisserie you can get a "rib-o-lator" for it too!:clap2::thumb:.Just mentioning this cause "I WANT ONE"!I REALLY wish they made one for my Ranch Kettle!!!:rolleyes:

Just looked at the Cajun Bandit kit. Cool idea, kind of pricey. I am basically doing the same thing but with a section of a 55 gallon drum. My plan is this. Have a grate for the fuel. Above that have a grate for my water pan. Then have one or two grates for the meat.

You can cover the UDS when your not using it. My wife wasn't sure about me making a UDS, she didn't like the look either, but after she tasted the pulled pork everything was fine.

My wife didn't like the idea of an ugly 55 gallon drum in that back yard either. But like Bill's (Blackdog043) wife, she tasted the food and all was well. Build the UDs and let her choose the paint, or fabricate a simple cover for it.

Handling and storing that greasy extension when you want to use the grill alone, plus the potential air leaks, and being top heavy when loaded with food, and the wind knocking it over (especially if you're on the treeless plain west of 168th Street....)

Build the UDS...

Chris

Back