• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Portland Ore. Brethren opinions

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Saw a BBQ place on Triple D last night, It was Podnahs BBQ Pit in Portland. I get down that way now and then, thought I might look it up if there were any decent reviews. Have any of you Portland brethren tried this place, what do you think?

I've never been there but have heard good things. I'm actually going there for my birthday tomorrow and I'll let you know if its good or not.

Definitely let us know. I may be going down to pick up a car.

I haven't found a decent place here in Spokane so I just end up smoking my own.

Definitely let us know. I may be going down to pick up a car.

I haven't found a decent place here in Spokane so I just end up smoking my own.

Spokane:

Try Chkn-N-Mo. They make some nice stuff. Not as good as mine but tasty and decent prices. Bob Hemphill, who runs it, is a great guy. They are downtown on Sprague.

bob_w_food.jpg

The new Porky G's in the valley (a branch of a CDA place) is OK. Pricey but the two times we ate there it was good. Their reviews on various sites are very mixed.

Again, I like my Q better. Longhorn can be a place to eat and get filled up with their buffet and the flavor is decent but not really a favorite of mine. Their sauce has a huge following in the area. I prefer my Blues Hogg sauces. Tennessee Red baby!

I love Chkn-N-Mo! I used to go there when I worked downtown. I drive by Porky G's often but never stopped in, although they have mid week rib specials.

I drove home on Trent yesterday and saw a mobile rib/Q cart near around Broadway. Haven't seen one of those up here before.

We should have an Eastern WA meet soon. You all are making me hungry.

So we hit up Podnahs last night for dinner. Here's a few pics:

I ordered the pot boss
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824079.595557.jpg

Three sauces on the table. Mustard sauce, vinegar sauce and a more traditional Texas bbq sauce. All good
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824160.893591.jpg

The meal. Green chili Mac and pinto beans for sides.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824229.562261.jpg

Overall, it was very good. Basic salt/pepper rubs and the meat didn't come sauced. Brisket and pork were a little dry but had good flavor. Spares were very good and moist. I also really like the sausage. Beans were tasty, especially with some crumbled corn bread on top. And that Mac was freakin amazing! Some of the best I've ever had. Service was great and they have quality beers on tap.

Here's a couple more pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824576.105279.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824585.609729.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824599.349040.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1354824613.030460.jpg

Back