Cowgirl's Cured Chops (2 Photos)

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
I just enjoyed the most tender, juicy and flavorful pork chops I've ever tasted in my lifetime! No kidding!

I followed cowgirl's instructions for curing the chops for 2 hours before cooking (never cured chops before):

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170374

After giving them a good rinse and pat dry, I fried them this time in a cast iron pan in the kitchen, and reverse seared them a bit more with the harbor freight flame thrower outside. (Next time I'll do them on the grill, just felt a little tired today.)

Cooked them to an internal temp of 140F.

Here they are.. (I love the beautiful color from the cure on the exterior as well) :

ou5zbq.jpg

So tender they tore apart like nothing (look at all that juicy tender goodness):

idfvpd.jpg

This was from the ribeye end of a full loin.

Thanks Cowgirl! You rock!

Last edited:
I just took another bit from the very end piece, there is more fat on that.. I swear it tasted like I was eating a well cooked beef ribeye.. that same melt-in-your-mouth texture, tenderness & juiciness.

Thanks bbqgeekess! Glad to hear you liked them. That's my favorite way to prep them before smoking, grilling or frying.

By the way, after rinsing thoroughly (as instructed by cowgirl) and patting dry, I didn't add any more salt (or anything for the matter) when frying them up. They had just the right amount of salt.

Thanks bbqgeekess! Glad to hear you liked them. That's my favorite way to prep them before smoking, grilling or frying.

Other than a fake smoke ring and salt flavor I don't see the benefits of such a short curing time... Cheers

Other than a fake smoke ring and salt flavor I don't see the benefits of such a short curing time... Cheers

Well cowgirl said one of the benefits is that they turn out moist.

And sure enough.. the most tender and juiciest I've ever eaten.

I have how the cure works to make it more juicy & tender, but it did. :smile:

Great looking chops! I haven't seen cowgirl's recipe but I would imagine this technique would work with a loin too. Gonna go check it out ASAP :thumb:

Back