Shipping BBQ

Hcs

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Dont Know if this belongs here or not but here goes. I'm loading up the smoker today for a friend up in Maine. I will be freezing it and shipping with dry ice in a food shipping cooler my wife brought home from work. I'm thinking two day due to cost to overnight is over $100 due to size and weight.

I have taken large Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes and lined them with cut styrofoam sheets bought from Home Depot. Put a chunk of dry ice into a bag, surround with shipping peanuts, and place a small piece of cardboard between the dry ice and the food (this prevents the vac-sealed bag from cracking due to contact with dry ice). Place your frozen items in and pack with shipping peanuts. Take directly to Post Office before noon. Items have arrived still frozen on the second day. Insulation is the key.

Do not ship on Fridays or Saturdays as they can sit over the weekend and spoiling your food and your plans. If distance is far I would suggest shipping Monday through Wednesday only, especially if rural delivery is involved.

Thanks I was planning on shipping tues or wed it's actually going to a rest in Maine. I have a thermo pack shipping container from Omaha steaks iplan on putting that at the bottom of the box then a couple dozen Krispy Kreme donuts on top of that before sealing box.

Back