Medical Judging Question

RevRuss

Reaction score
I will soon by having gastric bypass surgery which will limit the amount of food I can eat/swallow.

Do y'all think I will be able to judge by tasting/chewing the bbq and then discretely expectorating it?

Do you think it will cause problems for other judges at the table?

I'll be judging my last comp for awhile this weekend.

I think you've become a table captain for a while...

As a competitor, I would have an issue with this. Absolutly nothing personal, but its a food contest, I'd expect the judges to eat the food.

Yep I too think you will make a fantastic TABLE captain. Good luck with your other deal too.

Scotty D

I agree. The reason is simple - if other judges see you spitting it out it might skew their scores.

I also like how you are not allowed to put your meat awy until everybody has scored. I have judged where people would put away meat and leave the ones they did not like.

I think that it is unappetizing to watch someone expel their food at the table. After watching that I would probably not want to finish the rest of the judging. So my opinion here is that it would not be right to judge if you're spitting it out. As far as a cook, I would understand knowing the circumstances but I don't think the circumstances will be communicated to the cooks. And.....being a overweight person too, I think it would be very taxing on you putting all that good food in your mouth and spitting it out. Now that's the tests of all tests!:eek:

why take the chance with your health. stay involved by being a table capt. and save the space for some q when you can enjoy it:wink: good luck to ya.

there are usually lots of things that need to get done at a contest besides judging and being a table captain. ask the contest orgranizer what they need help with and i'm sure they'll find something for you to do.

as a cook, i would have a problem with a judge who wouldn't/couldn't eat the food as presented.

I don't mean to go all 'off topic' here, but good luck with the surgery. I'm sure everything will work out fine and I congratulate you on making a hard decision.

Eric

Back