Brisket and catering gig (pics)

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Last weekend, my wife and I catered a party (personal cheffed, actually) for a couple that were celebrating both of their 40th birthdays. We cooked for 50 people: brisket, pulled pork, tomato pie, barbecue beans and cole slaw.

1046538142_1a35da7434.jpg

1046538124_a81f87a371.jpg

1046538180_c78000596f.jpg

1046538202_32c2032ddd.jpg

Matt, there were lots of leftovers... I cooked for 50, and only 25 were there! But it still worked out great... Nothing like the shindigs you're up to now! :)

Nice lookin' spread there Curt...I just ate lunch & now I'm hungry again

BBS, I had 2 weekends in a row, one vending at a charity concert, the next doing the bday party, but now I'm off until Sept 10, when we'll be doing a barbecue class at a local kitchen supply store. I don't have time to do too much personal cheffing!

Matt, there were lots of leftovers... I cooked for 50, and only 25 were there! But it still worked out great... Nothing like the shindigs you're up to now! :)

There wouldn't have been leftovers if I was there! Or if the other 25 had shown up.

It's great to hear that it sounds like you are doing just fine w/ your catering. We take it alot slower than you. We don't work that often....we're lazy. :wink:

Matt, ask my wife... I invented lazy! I just committed to some things right at once... I'll laze around for a while now, though....

However, when you do work, you do it for 3 straight days, and your clients are a bit more high end!!! :)

Curt those are some great pics! What camera did you use?

Curt,

That really looks good. How long have you been catering?

gary

Norco, they liked it enough to tip us an extra c note.

Gary, we've only personal cheffed twice, really. We've vended a couple of times, too, but just pulled pork when we did that.

Looking good Curt!:-D

I can see one of those Shun knives in the background!!:-D

I'll have me one of those some day.:oops:

Back