Lime Rock, CT Rubbin' N Racin' BBQ, Cook Off Role Call

CTSmokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got our application in. Primal Meat Smokers will be there! Who among the Brethren are going to participate in the 1st Annual Rubbin' N Racin' BBQ Cook-Off at Lime Rock Park 5/26-5/28? Should be a great weekend! The Governor of Connecticut, Jody Rell is supposed to sanction it soon and it will therefore be a State Championship.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I really wanted to do this one.

However, the large entry fee ($325), the four day commitment, not being able to even load up until 6:30 PM Monday night, the large numbers of categories (corn chowder on two different days?) have all caused me to cross this one off.

Michele and I have a family comitment Memorial Day weekend. We will enter next year if they have it.

Vito sent an email out on the NEBS list that the Gov Rell signed the proclomation. So it is a state championship

I really wanted to do this one.

However, the large entry fee ($325), the four day commitment, not being able to even load up until 6:30 PM Monday night, the large numbers of categories (corn chowder on two different days?) have all caused me to cross this one off.

Ted you don't have to cook the extra categories if you don't want to. Its only $225 for the grilling and KCBS. Heck I know its more than that for Harpoon.

The Anchormen will be there.

we would have liked to but we set our schedule sometime around Super Bowl. A little more notice, especaily for an event that has 3 days of cooking, I think is in order

I spoke with the organizer, Vito personally yesterday. There were 5 applictions in to date. Any other Brethren in?

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Just received the Spring Newsletter from Lime Rock Park. It has a nice full page blurb about the BBQ contest on page 19.

Does anyone know how many teams have signed up by now?

Are there other Brethren going to Lime Rock?

Did a full cook with turn ins in prep for Lime Rock today. Last word is that they have 13 teams. 15 teams makes it a qualifier. Expecting 20 to 25 teams. Room for 100. Really nice venue. It is sanctioned by CT Governor Jody Rell. Turn in times will be conventional KCBS on Memorial Day. Brake down at 4PM. Awards 4:30 PM. Any other Brethren going? Going to fly our new Brethren banner for the first time there!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Last edited:
How was the practice Q, Cliff? Yum.

lunchmeat will be there ... looks to be an excellent Memorial Day Weekend!

Competing BBQ Teams

Here they are:

Vito Marotta <VITO@CAPE.COM> wrote:

1.Porky's Butt Burners

2.Notorious Fat Texan

3.Firetown Smokers

4. The Purple Turtle Catering Company

5. Lunchmeat

6.Central Pork West

7.Yankee Barbeque Boys

8.BS BBQ

9.Champlain Pit Crew

10. The Anchormen

11.Qwannabees

12.Boneyard Smokers

13. Primal Meat Smokers

14. I smell smoke

15.Ribs Within BBQ

16.New team Waiting for it's name

Looks like a super group! Should be a great time!

It is requested that we fly an American Flag in honor of our servicemen.

See you all next weekend.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Back