Hillsborough, NJ results

WannaBeBBQueen

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Went to our first competition, now we are sooo hooked, especially since we won 5th place with the suggestion of Beef Tenderloin Smoked with a butter Garlic Bath (Thank you IQUE!!!!)(and of course all the other brothers that got us here, and there are many) Never thought we would be so happy to win 5th. The contest was great fun and well run. Michelle of Lo-n-Slo did very well, she took second in Chicken and 4th for anything but dessert.

Here is the list:

1. Ribs Within (tie) (coin toss, Ribs Within won)
2. Oak Pork Rib Splitters (tie)
3. Minick's Barbecue
4. Burnt Side down
5. Que Boys
6. Lo-n-Slow
7. Our Couch
8. Ocean County Pig Assassins
9. The Stu-Pit
10. PigPen BBQ
11. Hoff Daddy's
12. 222 Smoking Crew
13. Wheels of Fire
14. The Swamp Pit
15. Brick Beach BBQ
16. Smoking Jersey Shorecats
17. Jumping Dog BBQ
18. Elizabeth Avenue FD
19. Memphis BBQ Company
20. CT's BBQ
21. Smoker's Delight
22. Moose's Mayhem
23. Richie's Rib Shack
24. Up in Smoke
25. The Senator

Last edited:
Great Job Julie. Yes we got a 2nd in chicken and it was a Third in Anything But. We went to Hamilton Backyard Rib cookoff on Sunday and took 2nd (ribs) out of 9 teams. Good paying weekend.

WTG Michelle and Julie!
Proud of you both.

I am surprised Chad did not say it:
"Welcome to the Dark Side" :lol:

TIM

Congrats to the Lady Brethren!
Michelle, I hope you were able to sell enough Q to get back some of that $250 entry fee at Hamilton. That kind of ticked me off because they billed that thing as a "backyard" cookoff but then made no distinction between contestants and vendors on the entry fee. I didn't attend but I heard the place was packed.

Kirk said:
Congrats to the Lady Brethren!
Michelle, I hope you were able to sell enough Q to get back some of that $250 entry fee at Hamilton. That kind of ticked me off because they billed that thing as a "backyard" cookoff but then made no distinction between contestants and vendors on the entry fee. I didn't attend but I heard the place was packed.

They made a mistake the entry was only $100.00 if you were not vending. Everyone that vended sold out within 2 - 3 hours. We are kicking ourselves for not vending.

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ said:
Great Job Julie. Yes we got a 2nd in chicken and it was a Third in Anything But. We went to Hamilton Backyard Rib cookoff on Sunday and took 2nd (ribs) out of 9 teams. Good paying weekend.

You go girl!! Watch out for them piglettes...lol

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ said:
They made a mistake the entry was only $100.00 if you were not vending. Everyone that vended sold out within 2 - 3 hours. We are kicking ourselves for not vending.

I guess it's just as well I didn't know that it was 100 and not 250 since there was no way I could've gotten free this weekend anyway. Maybe we'll plan to do it next time if I can figger out a way to cook enough to vend and make some dough. Gotta support the habit you know. :grin:

Fantastic showing ! There's no turning back now...

lunchlady

Back