Beef short ribs

Cherrywood

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was cleaning out the freezer to make room for a new 1/4 beef and came across a couple packages of beef short ribs. Any good ideas or advice out there? Thanks!

Simple salt and pepper rub....cook them at 300 or so until tender. That's about all you need to do, besides drink beer while they're cooking.....

trim the fat rub down with mustard then your rub set the smoker at 225 3 hours on the grat then 2 hours in the foil with a little apple juice then 1 hour back on the grate
you can't go wrong. Love the steak on a stick

Please do not trim the fat but score the fat, like daninnewjersey said simple salt and pepper and 300 degrees till tender is perfect. After ribs are done then you can remove the fat if you do not like to eat the fat.

I'm with ScreamingChicken. I saw Steve Raichlen make short ribs this way and tried it myself. It starts with a butterfly cut (sort of unrolling the rib) to get a thin piece of meat and then seasoning and grilling. :hungry:

DINO4.jpg

DINO6.jpg

nough said

Simple salt and pepper rub....cook them at 300 or so until tender. That's about all you need to do, besides drink beer while they're cooking.....

I could not agree more. Allow plenty of time, you want them nice and tender and for the fat to render.

Back