• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Ribs

2ndchance

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Sunday was my families Christmas get together so I was asked to bring a meat dish. I found a 2 pack of Spares at BJ's for $15 so that answered the question of what to cook. I did a St louis cut on them then gave them a mustard slather and applied a homemade rub and put them in the fridge overnight.
I got up early and got the drum stabalized at 225 to 230 degrees

Then the ribs went on

I put a little extra brown sugar on them to sweeten them up a little more.
I used the 3-2-1 method and got ribs that in my opinion were a little to tender but tasted amazing. The family loved them and my contribution was the only plate that got wiped out.:clap2: I saw my sister and her daughter go on them like they were the first ribs that they had ever had and then had to explain to their husbands how I did them.
All I have to say is
I LOVE MY DRUM :clap2::clap2::clap2:

How can ribs be "a little too tender"? I thought more tender was a good thing. :confused:

thats great but I know what you mean by a little too tender, I am the same way the family wants them fall off the bone and I like them to have just a touch of pull to get them off the bone. to me makes for a better texture.

thats great but I know what you mean by a little too tender, I am the same way the family wants them fall off the bone and I like them to have just a touch of pull to get them off the bone. to me makes for a better texture.

+1 on this

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I'll give a +2 on this! I hate when ribs cross over and essentially become pulled pork.Just tough those because my mom is a senior and prefers "soft" ribs..

brickie

My buddy cooks his ribs until they fall apart when doing the bend test. Still believes he's a master rib man though.LOL

brickie

I love them both ways but prefer a bit of bite to them. My family loves them fall of the bone...

I always go for slight pull off but don't complain when I get fall off by going a bit to far.

Back