Discovery: Popular Plates - BBQ Edition

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Discovery: Popular Plates - BBQ Edition

PopularPlatesBBQ_1_1_640.jpg

I recently ran across this BBQ edition of Popular Plates and I'll cut to the
chase and say that I recommend it highly.

The barbecue community has often clamored for a glossy magazine and,
although it's apparently a single feature edition, this is a great read and
resource.

PopularPlatesBBQ_1_2_640.jpg

This magazine covers all of the BBQ hot spots. It's packed with a 5-region
canvas of the best barbecue joints in the country. It also features great
biographical articles, recipes, and some very nice photography.

I've taken a couple of shots to give you a little bit of a feel for the
magazine, but you can see a lot more at the Popular Plates web site.

This edition is all that a barbecue magazine should be. Again, I highly
recommend it.

-----

John

Looks great. Imagine the life of those writers, travelling... eating.. and writing. Guess I shoulda studied my english better.

My wife picked up a copy for me last week. Was a great read and awsome pictures of some of the restraunts down there in the states.

I ordered one on line, I then got a email thanking me for my order and that it will be 4-6 weeks before I get the mag. It's been 4 weeks since I ordered it online. The sad thing is they tell you after you have paid for the magazine. What the crap!!!!!

This part of the Email they sent me.

MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
If you need to make any changes to your subscription, please contact Magazine Customer Service at mailto:popularplates@sorc.com.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to process before contacting Magazine Customer Service. :mad2: :tsk: :doh:

I saw one while I was in Athens and picked one up. Great magazine sorry delivery time.

Yeah, I've never understood why it takes 4-6 weeks to ship something that
there are stacks of lying around.

John

Yeah, the wife picked that up for me. Took me about 30 mins cover to cover. I devoured that thing! Good info, great pics, just a fun read.

I just ordered a copy online today...had to wade through 20 pop-up offers to get to the end...freaky. I'm in no hurry...if it doesn't show up in a few weeks I'll call AMEX and let them handle it...looks like a cool issue...thanks for the post John. :p

Yes, it would appear he did, but multiple opinions are authorized, no? :-D

John

Looking at that I almost feel as if I should take a shower after reading...

I know what you mean! Very nice, but hey Guerry, go take one anyway! The "PIT" needs one...
sorry going to the penalty box...:tsk:

John your message just reminded me that you, or someone else, a few weeks ago made mention of this magazine on this forum and I went right then and pre-paid for a years subscription and I have not gotten anything yet from them. It probably has been 3 to 4 weeks ago, maybe longer, do you think I should send them a note or just wait as this is normal for start up of a new magazine subscription?

John your message just reminded me that you, or someone else, a few weeks ago made mention of this magazine on this forum and I went right then and pre-paid for a years subscription and I have not gotten anything yet from them. It probably has been 3 to 4 weeks ago, maybe longer, do you think I should send them a note or just wait as this is normal for start up of a new magazine subscription?

This post earlier in the thread raises the same issue. I don't have
any affiliation or direct contact with the magazine.

John

Back