THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

beertender55

Here are some pics of my very first pulled pork and it came out great

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Terrific! I just did my first one this weekend! What are those bear claw things called? I just put on a pair of rubber gloves and pulled it by hand. Cheers!

Terrific! I just did my first one this weekend! What are those bear claw things called? I just put on a pair of rubber gloves and pulled it by hand. Cheers!

Bear Paws! I have a pair and actually used them tonight. They're not as great for shredding as you'd think, at least I don't think they're any better than using a big fork. They're pretty awesome for pulled meat off the cooker or transfering it from a pan to or a cutting board, etc. They're handy, but not essential, get them if you have everything else you need. Just my $0.02.

http://www.barbecue-store.com/Bear-Paws_p_63.html

Bear paws are good for picking up meat and moving it around..I didnt use them for shredding and to be honest, i couldnt pick up the shoulder when it was done either, it was just falling apart....

Looks good man, I wish my first attempt at pulled pork had turned out that good, it resembled bad cat food:redface:. Keep it up, like someone said, it will only get better as you figure what you like.

Tasted very good, Mild smoke flavor. Wasnt overpowering, might actually add a bit more wood next time as i didnt wanna over do it. Or maybe i wont screw with it at all cause, wife, mom, and cousin all loved it. Made a vinger/tomate based sauce to go with it. Drizzled it on the sandwhich, added a nice bit of bite. taking a few to work today to share with a co-worker or 2.

I used 6 chuncks of hickory with maybe 2 handfuls of apple thru the charcoal. I sprayed it every hour with apple juice and wrapped in foil after 5hours or so(when the temp hit 170) spraying it down heavily with apple juice, even pouring a small amount into foil. Took it out at 190 and wrapped in blanket then put it in a cooler for a hour.Im very happy with how this turned out.

Back