1st butt on UDS PR0N!!!

CUTigerQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This is the final product of the 1st EVER smoked butt that I smoked since 11pm last night. Pulled it off of the smoker today around 4pm and let it rest until I got home from dinner tonight. Just pulled it. Bone slid out like a knife through hot butter. And my GOD is this thing GOOOOD!!! Couldnt stop eating as I was pulling. This is gonna make for some scrumptious lunches this week.

Here is the Pr0n -

there is about 7 lbs of pure BBQ GOLD in that pan.
fin.jpg

Spot on there. Great photo too. Man I'm gonna have to lift my game....

Looks tasty...I love it when BBQ is the scent of the day (or couple days) in the house 8)

Very nicely done!, you are correct most of the time I'm too full to eat after eating while pulling.

Scott

That pulled pork looks great. Did you have any problems this time or was this cook a lot smoother using the minion method. That pulled pork looks great.

A LOT smoother this time. I did notice on my other 2 smokes that the coals burned out in 5-6 hours...THIS time, doing it the RIGHT way, the coals lasted over 18 hours.

Ate my first two sammies just now and I gotta give myself props...that may have been the best BBQ I have ever eaten. I read people on here and have talked to people who say that restaurants cant compare to your OWN smokes because they cut corners to same money in a restaurant. Im now a believer.

Cant wait for my in laws to get here to get the butt I smoked for them and see what they say.

Welcome. Yep, restaurants cutting corners can't come close. Pork nirvana...

Reminds me of my first judging experience. I'd grown up eating BBQ; some good,
some not so great. My first comp the worst ribs I'd judged were better than the
best ribs I'd ever eaten before, ever.

I'm about 3 hours into a butt smoke now. Temp had hit the plateau, been at 160 for a while now. Seeing your pics make me wish mine would hurry up and be done!!!

Looks great Marietta! It's amazing how smooth the UDS holds temps with just a few lit coals isn't it?!?! Nice job!

Sure looks good from here- now if I could only taste it. :icon_pissed

Back