• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lots of cookin on da BDS...Lots o PRON, too!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Again, just doing my part in conserving natural resources such as lump, charcoal and splits, I decided to do most of a weeks cooking today. I put a Tangerien chunk in the bottom of the basket & covered it with briquettes. A couple of Apricot chunks on top of that layer covered by more briquettes and a layer of lump. Fired the BDS Mega up with a full Weber Chimney of lump and when I got to target temp I tossed on a chunk of Pecan.

In a foil pan went a six lb. chuck roast that I had cut in half, covered that with three cups of water and 3 pkgs peppercorn gravy mix, 1/4 cup + or - Todd's Dirt, 1/4 cup dehydrated finely chopped onions and 2 full silverware size tbsps of minced Garlic! Man did this smell good before it ever hit the cooker. I set the pan directly above the fire basket and let the Pecan work it's way into the beef and the two butts I had placed off to the side. After two hours I covered the beef in the pan with foil and put the butts directly over the basket to catch the Apricot and Tangeriene smoke and render fat dripings in the basket for more smoke. The pan went on the top shelf at this point.

After another two hours I put the cut veggies (celery, carrots and taters) in with the roast and covered it again. Leaving everything to cook while I napped for an hour or so. The butt was seasoned with Todd's Bayou Dirt which ended up giving the bark a nice flavor but got lost once the butts were pulled of course...After another 2 hours dinner was ready.

I also made some mild italian suasage meatballs and wrapped them with bacon seasoned with Big Brother Smoke's Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub, they came out great. Then I took some spicy italian brats and wrapped them in bacon rubbed with Dizzy Pig's Ragin River rub.

So, we had 1/2 the PanRoast for dinner tonight. Will have some pulled pork tomorrow. The family will have the brats Monday on Hot Dog Buns. Tuesday they can have the rest of the PanRoast and Wednesday is fend for yourself night... Thursday is more pulled pork and I am taking the pork balls to work for the guys with a little pulled pork. All in all a very productive and savory day. I can't wait to see what I come up with next weekend... Thanks for stoppin in, hope you enjoy lookin as much as I did cookin!

Attachments

• potroast butts appys 001.jpg
    potroast butts appys 001.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 215
  • potroast butts appys 002.jpg
    potroast butts appys 002.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 214
  • potroast butts appys 005.jpg
    potroast butts appys 005.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 213
  • potroast butts appys 006.jpg
    potroast butts appys 006.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 213
  • potroast butts appys 011.jpg
    potroast butts appys 011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 214
  • potroast butts appys 012.jpg
    potroast butts appys 012.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 214
  • potroast butts appys 013.jpg
    potroast butts appys 013.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 213
  • potroast butts appys 014.jpg
    potroast butts appys 014.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 213
  • potroast butts appys 015.jpg
    potroast butts appys 015.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 213
  • potroast butts appys 016.jpg
    potroast butts appys 016.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 212
Four teenage boys? Brother, you aint makin' it til thursday, unless you got a lock on that frig. Good lookin eats!!

Good thing availability was staggered - would be some tough choices if it were all presented at the same time - everything looks great - nicely done.

Four teenage boys? Brother, you aint makin' it til thursday, unless you got a lock on that frig. Good lookin eats!!
Don't need a lock on the fridge. They prefer to stay healthy...
Bo knows good groceries!
Great job.
Thank you, Larry!
Looks amazing, especially the bacon wrapped sausage...
They are da bomb!
That is going to make my today's chicken look sorry!
Dunno bout that, I've seen some dang nice chicken pron from you b-4...

Thanks evry1!

Back