• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Movie

In the spirit of Beerfest have a team that is just there to shig. Trying to steal recipes, rub/sauce formulas, etc.

I think anyone in here would agree... your start on this project should be a look at my "Chili Sauce" series or "Orangish Sparkles" and then a PM to me personally.

If you do not... you can expect to see me again right after your script is bought or made into a reality as I have had one lying around for years.

Sorry to sound egotistical... but really... the concept I have is so hilarious... I'd only share it officially with another writer. I say another writer because I write professionally under E. Donnie Thomas.

I will also add that the original "Popdaddy" concept in 2004-2006 (which was going to be animated) was taken so seriously Kevin Smith's production company was actually interested and I got to see him for a meeting. He was extremely excited until he got a letter from Londell MacMillian, Prince's attorney and any further discussion about the project had to end. Kevin has been in trouble with Prince before.

Think Caddyshack. They made golf way funny. Move along those lines and those types of character interactions. this could be very good. Tons of ways to take it.

Ha! I agree. For example here's how I imagine that Crassmaster would relate his
encounter with Johnny "El Pistole" Trigg. :wink:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-nQ-vPw5k"]Caddy Shack Dalai Lama[/ame]

John

You have to have someone like Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation in it. Loved the line Shi##ers full When he's standing in the street with his bathrobe on and a beer draining the crapper tank from his RV.

Like you said BBQ is a lot of prep then sit. So you need some sort of intense action scene of teams getting their meats ready then getting them on the pits, crazy slo-mo style with Will Ferrell doing his classic slo-mo yawn screaming ARRGGGGHHHHH while he is fighting the pit to get his food on. People tripping over each other maybe a dude in the back ground on fire. Have a running clock then cut to the teams sitting and starring at each other showing that with all that commotion only 5 minutes have passed now they have to sit and look bored.

There you go! Kinda how the movie DodgeBall showed a quick shot of all the teams but only focused on 2 main ones. That could work.

Throw in an obscure Lance Armstrong style reference where some dude uses "enhanced" meat to achieve superior results. His secret dope let him to 7 straight BBQ world champions...

make sure the event is broadcast on ESPN 8 "the Ocho"

I like the reference to dodge ball. This could be a sequel to Dodgeball in some format.

..........and don't forget to include are Brothers and Sisters from Canada, aye? :becky:

One of the contest will be to have each team cook "left handed ribs on a right handed grill". And the only tool they can use would be a sky-hook to open the pits, and a lumber stretcher for their wood.

Hey Moe, Larry, come here!! Yunk, yunk, yunk....

wallace

Couple of things....

You need a team from the hood (and I'm not specifying which hood. I loves all peoples) that rolls up with industrial barrels that they convert right there to UDS and Double Drums.

The Event's mascot disappears mid-film, only to appear on the winning team's presentation plates.

There has to be a misread over Fahrenheit\Celsius and Metric\Imperial units, resulting a jacked up product (it's a sacrilege, I know, but it's in the name of comedy).

You need a team that is all techno. State of the art ATCs (like the one I am finishing up), custom burning bricks and wood chunks, Dual core cpu PCs for readouts with dual gas chromatographs, calibrated by engineers at Cal Tech so that they're balls-on accurate........and they can't figure out how to get the fire started......

One more thing...I will volunteer to be an extra.

Back