Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' On the Red 2/23 Bossier City (IBCA)

Hawg Father of Seoul

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Smoke. Meats. Pig. will be there.

We have some family in Texarkana, so it is a good one for us. Who else is planning on going?

Thanks, so far my biggest problem finding stuff are the larger chicken boxes. I think there may be a lot of teams and I've heard that when that happens they require you to turn in two halves.

They supply the boxes. Just might think about cooking an extra chicken (2 halves) to have more choices for turn ins.

We cooked two chickens last time and are thinking three this time, but may stick with two.

Yes, don't worry about the boxes, your head judges are bringing them. And at first glance, it *looks* like there'll be more than 50 teams - so it'll likely be 2 chicken halves for turn-in, but don't hold that as gospel - after all, it's only Wednesday and a lot can happen between now & Friday!

Remember the MANDATORY cooks meeting at 6:30 on Friday - and there's a fish fry afterward. Come with your questions!

Lynn H.

My gut feeling is we will have more than 50 teams. We might have more than 70.... We do have enough large chicken boxes for the contest. Good luck to everyone.

Andy (the other head judge)

Other IBCA organizers should take note of what is going on here. This is the second FIRST year contest that has a huge turn out this year.

Step 1. Add pulled pork to the contest.
Step 2. A $10,000 purse does not hurt. Irving advertised a $3k purse (not that there is any thing wrong with that).

Pork is a good category for us. Tough for me to drive very far and not have a pork category.

Hawg Father of Seoul,

I hate the pork category, mainly because my pork turn-in apparently sucks pretty bad. Maybe you can give me some pointers...after the contest of course.

901Q will be there -- wife had to back out tonight so it looks like I'm making the 6 hour trek by myself. Reminds me of the good ole days. Should be a great event.

Congrats to all the Brethren that walked. We were 15 seconds late for brisket turn in and blanked it in chicken... I was going to recreate the DivaQ "I won in Texas" moment, but it would have been too much for a 9th overall finish.

Red River Marina was a great venue for this event. I thoroughly enjoyed myself (even though I was definitely in the miniority with my Memphis jacket....lot's of folks who seem to like the home team down there). Met some great people in my second IBCA contest. Congrats to all who's name got called. Will be back at this one next year --- with the wife.

Congrats to Ronnie Wade and Randy Dunn for GC & RGC! 2 great Texas teams!

Back