• A Pastrami Walkthrough. (pr0n heavy)

That's the type of pastrami right there that makes you want to slap your gramma. Incredible!

Man your kill'n me here :faint:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Great post...... thanx for sharing. :-D :clap2:

I have yet to attempt Pastrami but I think I know what I'm doing in 2 weeks... Anyone ever slice it and freeze it for lunch meat? Then just de-thaw it and use it the week the wanted pastrami for lunch?

Man I'm hungry now.. I guess i have to go finish my Spatchcocked chicken form last night,.

Looks great!

Thanks so much guys! Every time I do this it gets better and better! LOVE pastrami!

Wow...just WOW! Deguerre is gonna drool when he sees that, it's one of his favorites for sammies, and yours is off the charts! I see brisket pastrami in my very near future.:thumb:

Doooo itttt! :thumb:

All that work to get a beautiful pastrami AND NO RYE BREAD.:tsk:

That's some chutzbah.:

What you say 'bout my Mama? :boxing::heh:
Hehe, you cant find rye out here that easy my brother... and the wife was not up to making any... I would have loved some... but alas, such is life. :sad:

Great job, Phrasty! Could you taste the onion and pepper from the steaming liquid?

I'm gonna go with yes.... :wink: Wouldn't say it's night and say, but yeah I think it makes a small difference.

Cheers

One more reason to move my plans up to re-visit Jamaica, Mon!

WOW!:clap:

:heh: Thanks Bro! All I have to say is a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :thumb:

I have yet to attempt Pastrami but I think I know what I'm doing in 2 weeks... Anyone ever slice it and freeze it for lunch meat? Then just de-thaw it and use it the week the wanted pastrami for lunch?

Man I'm hungry now.. I guess i have to go finish my Spatchcocked chicken form last night,.

Looks great!

Thanks Parruthhead! I don't see a reason you cant freeze it and thaw it out when you're ready for it. but mine never lasts that long at all! :becky:

btw... isn't de-thawing just freezing?? just sayin... :shocked::thumb:

Cheers

Man that looks good :thumb: Definitely need to do another pastrami here soon. Just so many things on my To Do list.

Have you ever tried substituting Guinness stout for some of the brining water?I think you'll like the subtle flavor it gives.

Sliced it all up nice and thin today! I couldn't stop picking at it! Seriously thought about frying up some of it up with eggs this morning! :wink::heh:

31e1d454.jpg

e40b104d.jpg

Cheers...

Well, I see what my next brine/cure/smoke project is going to be! Thanks for the tutorial.

That is farkin OFF THE SCALE Phrasty!

Just one question brudder... You have managed that peice of pastrami perfection without a brine injection...

Is there a reason for that, of is it quite simply that you don't need it. I'm asking because I thought it would be necessary

Cheers!

Bill

Back