pit barrel smoker

cinmur

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Is there a difference between hanging meat on hooks or putting on grate or put in foil pan?

That's big debate surrounding the Pit Barrel Cooker.. 1000 different people will give 1001 different answers.

Do a search in the search bar below for Pit Barrel Cooker and you can find all the old debate threads when the PBC first blew up a few months ago.

Yes,no,sort of,kind of,maybe,always,never,at times,sometimes etc etc. Believe it or not all of these are the correct answer. Honest, they are.

I love my PBC. I've used one hook, two hooks hanging up down and sideways. I've also used the grate. Everything has been wonderful. Not a bad cook yet.

Maybe not the best answer, but an honest one.

Use the search bar and you will find a wealth of threads which are both informative and highly entertaining to read.

Use the search bar and you will find a wealth of threads which are both informative and highly entertaining to read.

What search bar...or do I have to reconfig my screen?

Or does one have to subscribe to use search? If so, wastes a lot of people's time responding to repeats, seems to me.

What search bar...or do I have to reconfig my screen?

Or does one have to subscribe to use search? If so, wastes a lot of people's time responding to repeats, seems to me.

Scroll to the bottom of the page. The bar says "Google custom search". No subscription needed.

What is a Pit Barrel Smoker?

I had same question and looked it up...PBS is a brand of UDS on the WWW. Seem okay, I took the challenge and built my own, using 30 or smaller bbl. Have enough stuff to move around in yard already and do not smoke everyday.

Some meats need more support when cooking, thinking ribs here. I would hate to have my ribs rip in half and fall to a fire doom. Also grates allow you to do smaller things, ABT's, Wings, smoked mac and cheese.

I never liked the hooks idea. though I guess you might be able to fit more?

Some meats need more support when cooking, thinking ribs here. I would hate to have my ribs rip in half and fall to a fire doom. Also grates allow you to do smaller things, ABT's, Wings, smoked mac and cheese.

I never liked the hooks idea. though I guess you might be able to fit more?

So a PBC has no grate? That's silly. They need to make a PBC with BOTH a grate AND Hooks then.

I can't imagine anyone's ribs falling into the fire.... I mean, really! Somebody should buy on of these things and do some speramintin... Maybe chicken frist, then ribs... even cook one rack to see how long before it falls into the fire.

Can a PBC do a brisket? HUNG?

So a PBC has no grate? That's silly. They need to make a PBC with BOTH a grate AND Hooks then.

I can't imagine anyone's ribs falling into the fire.... I mean, really! Somebody should buy on of these things and do some speramintin... Maybe chicken frist, then ribs... even cook one rack to see how long before it falls into the fire.

Can a PBC do a brisket? HUNG?
I'm not sure if a PBX can do a brisket all the way hung ;-)....I know you can hang one for a couple hours :).......I keep searching Amazon for the new patented PitmasterT drawstring butcher paper brisket bags :).

I'm not sure if a PBX can do a brisket all the way hung ;-)....I know you can hang one for a couple hours :).......I keep searching Amazon for the new patented PitmasterT drawstring butcher paper brisket bags :).

I ordered in 4 Pit Barrels Monday, took one out of the box, got a 10 lbs. bag of hind quarters and a 16 lbs. bag of Kingsford and went to play. App. 90 minutes later we were dining on some of the best chicken I've ever had! Today I did two racks of ribs at work, not enough time so finishing up in oven at home but what i sampled before the oven were yum yum!!!!

I have the Cajun Injector Chicken Cooker drum that you can use hooks to hang the chiken with, or use the grates.

I always use the hooks and havent had anything fall into the fire yet.

I cook my competition chicken thighs on a pbc using a combination of small foil pans and directly on the rack. It is the best tool for the job!

Please... a PBC can't win a competition. Like there is gonna be proof anywhere. Hah... Don't get me laughing. You need to spend thousands of dollars to make good BBQ.

Back