American Royal Deal

ewchippe

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just got a great email today. Long story, but a radio station in KC has a spot in the Open and they are not going to be cooking. My brother in law knows a guy that works there and he called him to start getting it setup. They are entered in all 4 meats. They are having a party Friday night, and they are packing up and leaving after that. I will get their whole (40x75) spot from Saturday morning on. Oh and did I forget to say, it will be free. I only pay for meat.

My only small concern is that I will probably have to compete under their name. I am not sure on that yet, but for my first attempt at the Royal, I think I am willing to do that if I have to.

Once all the details get worked out, and I know for sure that we have the whole space on Saturday and Sunday, if any Brethren would like to get together on Saturday afternoon or evening, I will have plenty of room. I know there has been some get togethers in the past and I would love to get to meet some of you.

I mean its only a $1500 spot. I don't know what your so excited about. Haha that's freaking awesome deal man.

Want some help?

We are a team in KC.
1st year, but have had 3 calls in 5 events.
We would love to team up with you guys.

We are in spot 289.
Everett - I will keep the offer in mind. I have done 5 events in this my first year also, and have held my own, but I will definitely keep the offer in mind as this could overwhelm us.

Just a offer to help

We are a team of 7.
Lots to do at a event, this is a big one.

Will you be able to drop off your stuff on Thursday or Friday morning? You won't be able to get in on Saturday.

I'll be able to get all my stuff in on Thursday. I was just going to lock up the trailer and put it on the corner of the spot. I'm still trying to work out the details, but I'm kind of hoping I can get my truck in there Saturday morning to move the trailer, but not sure if that's possible. If not, I'll just have to live with it.

The American Royal is no different than any other contest as far as your time line is concerned. Just more contestants. Have fun and good luck. We are one row over form you. We will stop and say Hi. Keith

I'll be able to get all my stuff in on Thursday. I was just going to lock up the trailer and put it on the corner of the spot. I'm still trying to work out the details, but I'm kind of hoping I can get my truck in there Saturday morning to move the trailer, but not sure if that's possible. If not, I'll just have to live with it.

See if you can come up with a trailer dolly to move the trailer around with. If you can't, we will have one at space 113 you are welcome to use.

We'll be right next to you! I'm sure, anyways, we have a big spot, and are right next to a big radio station who's name starts like entertainment, and ends like company (not knowing if you were purposely not naming names, so if I'm right, you should be able to figure that out). So not only would I love to chat, something tells me we will!

ewchippe- Make sure you get your registration right, this is a recipe for a mix up with 2 different people sharing a the same space.

I am an ambassador and will be watching out for you, ambassadors handle registration and meat inspection plus trouble shoot for teams. Will try to alert whoever has that area.

Getting a truck into the area on Sat morning will be tough or impossible. Trailer dolly
sounds like a great idea. Again ambassadors may be able to help you jockey the trailer, but will not have access to a dolly.

Really like the idea of somewhere to get together. We did that last year at Phil's spot
(grand poobaa). Have not heard if he is making the trip from the east coast this year or not. And Sat night is a good night to get together. After the madness of Friday night on the dark side. Depending on the crew in your site on Friday, you may need to just hose the site down!

Get me a private message before the event to remind me so I can help make sure the paper work is ok ..

Looking forward to meeting you and the group of Brethren in that same area.

Thanks Carlyle, I appreciate it. I was a little concerned about that, but I figured we would get it worked out.

I will send you a note a week or so before, just as a reminder.

Midwest, you are correct, we are next to each other. I am sure we will definitely talk, we should have plenty of time all day Saturday.

Cool...I'll be down there sometime in the afternoon. There will be people from my team down there all day, but I think I'm going to try to go home Friday night. I did that last year, and really liked it. I like to party as much (or more) than the next guy, but I'll be there all night Thursday (cooking for our corporate sponsor's party, plus I plan on playing the poker tournament), and obviously all night Saturday, so it's nice to sleep in my own bed on Friday. Also, if it's as cold as last year, to give my bones a chance to warm back up!

• Thanks
Reactions: SOB
ewchippe- Make sure you get your registration right, this is a recipe for a mix up with 2 different people sharing a the same space.

I am an ambassador and will be watching out for you, ambassadors handle registration and meat inspection plus trouble shoot for teams. Will try to alert whoever has that area.

Getting a truck into the area on Sat morning will be tough or impossible. Trailer dolly
sounds like a great idea. Again ambassadors may be able to help you jockey the trailer, but will not have access to a dolly.

Really like the idea of somewhere to get together. We did that last year at Phil's spot
(grand poobaa). Have not heard if he is making the trip from the east coast this year or not. And Sat night is a good night to get together. After the madness of Friday night on the dark side. Depending on the crew in your site on Friday, you may need to just hose the site down!

Get me a private message before the event to remind me so I can help make sure the paper work is ok ..

Looking forward to meeting you and the group of Brethren in that same area.

Phil will not be there this year. Sure hope that someone will pick up the slack and host a pot luck. Any takers? Sounds like Eric may want to be that guy.

I could be that guy if you guys want...I am going to have way too big of a space and nothing to fill it, so we might as well get people in there.

Midwest kc, it better not be as cold as last year. Driving the gator created its own wind chill. Even for a Minnesota guy, it was cold for October. And could not get any anti freeze until we were off duty!

Since I (we) don't have a space because we are volunteering as ambassadors, have no place to host a get together. Eric, if you are game, it could work. Last year was a pot luck
with people bringing food to pass.

Will miss not having Phil there this year. He was a great bundle of laughs, and I still remember how good his sausages and peppers were. YUM!.

We still have time to sort this out.

Back