• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Biscuit and Gravy

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have never had any better biscuits and gravy than this right here and I come from a long line of the worlds best at making this stuff. Burnt ends will definitely end up in the gravy pan at mi casa from now on. Just in case someone might not already know this that extra biscuit is there so you can use it so sop into that over / easy egg to test to see if the biscuits are as good as they are spose to be before diving into the rest of it – kinda like a test biscuit.

IMG_2928.jpg

We had bisquits & gravy Sunday morning. Good stuff. :razz:

Burnt end bisquits. Mmmmmm.....

How did you get the Brisket into the biscuit?

It's not in the biscuit but rather it is cooked in with the gravy and then spooned on top of the biscuits. Now here's another Ga country boy technique for eating biscuits and gravy that I left out. You see how I got them biscuits turned upside down with the gravy on top of em? That's because biscuits that is made just right will be a little crustier on the bottom than they are on the tops and if you leave em whole like that and turn em upside down and don't get your gravy too thick your biscuits is gonna soak up that gravy kinda and you are gonna be happy happy happy.

Looks great and I would put just a Little Black pepper on it.:shock: Just kidding It looks Great and I would not change a thing. It is good to see I am not the only on who puts a little black pepper on Cantaloupe. Nice pictures thanks:wink:

I hate messing with lard or solid shortening when making biscuits. I also hate cleaning the measuring cups smeared with lard or solid shortening. Finally, I hate trying to roll out sticky dough. It sticks to my hands, the rolling pin, the board, etc. You have to add more flour to the bread board, making another mess.

I made up this recipe that avoids all of that by using vegetable oil as a shortening. The dough in this recipe is not sticky. It's easy to handle. I don't even use a rolling pin. I just press it flat with my hands. I never seem to have buttermilk on hand. This recipe uses milk and vinegar as a substitute. I always have those in stock.

Even with those shortcuts this recipe makes flaky delicious biscuits. Give it a try.

No Doh! Biscuits

3 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
1 cup cold milk
1 Tablespoon distilled vinegar

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Measure flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt into a stand mixer.

Mix on low for 15-seconds

With mixer on low, add vegetable oil slowly to
dry ingredients.

Set mixer to medium and mix for 30-seconds or
until mixture looks like dry cornmeal.

Stir vinegar into milk.

Add milk/vinegar to flour mixture and mix on medium for 15-seconds.

Turn dough out onto bread board and knead several times.

Roll dough out to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.

Cut with biscuit cutter and place on baking sheet.

Bake on middle oven rack at 400 F. for 20-minutes.

Makes 1-dozen, 2-1/2 inch diameter biscuits.

Cool. I had the same idea and planned to try it this week with some leftover brisket. Was going to call it: "Briskets and Gravy". Now I gotta try it.

I think if I dig in my freezer I might find some leftover brisket...

It really cries for a huge helping of Hash Browns cooked in butter!!! You can toss the cantalope IMO.

Looks great! I made "Brisket Hash" from "smoke & spice", 3 easy over eggs, tobasco! MMM.....

Bill, do you have a plate fetish? Just joking!

I hate messing with lard or solid shortening when making biscuits. I also hate cleaning the measuring cups smeared with lard or solid shortening. Finally, I hate trying to roll out sticky dough. It sticks to my hands, the rolling pin, the board, etc. You have to add more flour to the bread board, making another mess.

I made up this recipe that avoids all of that by using vegetable oil as a shortening. The dough in this recipe is not sticky. It's easy to handle. I don't even use a rolling pin. I just press it flat with my hands. I never seem to have buttermilk on hand. This recipe uses milk and vinegar as a substitute. I always have those in stock.

Even with those shortcuts this recipe makes flaky delicious biscuits. Give it a try.

No Doh! Biscuits

3 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
1 cup cold milk
1 Tablespoon distilled vinegar

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Measure flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt into a stand mixer.

Mix on low for 15-seconds

With mixer on low, add vegetable oil slowly to
dry ingredients.

Set mixer to medium and mix for 30-seconds or
until mixture looks like dry cornmeal.

Stir vinegar into milk.

Add milk/vinegar to flour mixture and mix on medium for 15-seconds.

Turn dough out onto bread board and knead several times.

Roll dough out to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.

Cut with biscuit cutter and place on baking sheet.

Bake on middle oven rack at 400 F. for 20-minutes.

Makes 1-dozen, 2-1/2 inch diameter biscuits.

Rusty o Pal, your not gonna believe this but my better half "the one who must be obeyed" and the one that made them biscuits does something like this: she dumps flour (no measuring) into a bowl and makes a well in the center and adds crisco and milk and then takes her little fingers and performs a miracle bar none - that's it - takes her about 5 min to have em in a cake pan and ready to cook. I can make some good yeast biscuits called angel biscuits but they just ain't no use in going to all that trouble cause these biscuits ROCK. But what I'm saying is she blows me away by not using buttermilk, which my granny always did and her biscuits was famous in the neighborhood and they were rolled out and she used a biscuit cutter to cut em out with which my wife never does, she just grabs a hunk o dough and pinches off enough to roll out a biscuit.

You're a lucky man. My wife makes good toast. :-D
That's why I came up with the recipe.

Back