Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Golden State Championship, Hesperia, April 4, 2009 IBCA Four Meat

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Couldn't find any other talk about this one. Who's going?

We will see you down on the PC side Friday afternoon. It is to be 34*'s Friday night, that is just not right when you have to sleep on an AeroBed outside! One time I am glad to be very overweight!

Notley Que will be there, but we will be down in the fun zone. Not wasting my time vending at this one. Come on down and visit.

Don't forget to come visit us Saturday morning for some fresh hot coffee, bagles, muffins, and some other morning grub.

Notley Que will be there, but we will be down in the fun zone. Not wasting my time vending at this one. Come on down and visit.

Don't forget to come visit us Saturday morning for some fresh hot coffee, bagles, muffins, and some other morning grub.
Wow, Gary, you are so negative. You are such an angry little man. What gives? Do you need a hug? I think everyone should hug Gary when you see him this weekend.

yaya.gif

We will be there....Oink & Moo BBQ......haven't competed since Modesto, so looking forward to meeting many of you this wknd.

Scott

Just heard Rhythm and Que won GC. Congrats DivaHerself! I also heard Sylvie, Country and Notley took walks.

Professor Salt also walked. And thanks to Yelonutz for driving 500 miles to be ahead judge. And he brought homemade polish sausage!

Congrats to Rhythm n Que another solid performance! 1 less draw in the Jack to sweat! A lot of new teams and since it was an IBCA contest several of them walking!

Congrats also to Smoked to the Bone, I guess Jennifer is married to Tom of Wiskey Ranch? I think I heard someone say it was only the second time she has competed by herself, way to go!

Way to go to R and Q, and all who walked.

Despite the cold and wind it was a really fun contest.

CountryHB is a great addition to Notley Que, so it is gonna be a fun year.

R n Q is a hot team right now, gonna be hard to knock them out of the top spot in the CBBQA this year.

Congrats to all with their nice showings in Hesperia this past weekend.

It was windy at Hesperia...Real windy!

FlyingEZUp2.jpg

A Dirt Devil came right through our site about 1pm, we had not had a lot of wind since about 10pm the night before. We set the second Caravan up for the PC Saturday morning, yours truly Mr. Nimrod gets complacent and does not secure it. This thing went straight up,about 50 feet, twrilling as it went. In this picture it is on it way into the ground, tweeking it very nicely I might add, went back up about 15 and landed on the middle tree above the guy in blue(Edit Mod: Is that you in the blue Neil?). To give you an idea of distance, our site is in the far right of the picture. The tree it landed in is about 150 feet away.

This experience has taugh me I will never set up another pop-up where it is not secure. Dont care if wind is present or not. God was looking out for us on this one. If this thing had hit someone on the way down it would have done some very serious damage.

Last edited:
Bentley, my brother. God was indeed talking to you. He wants you to change your team name to Whirlwind BBQ. If you don't believe me, look it up in the Bible! And if you don't, just wait and see what He does to you next.

Yes it was a sight to see for sure
My first thought was.......... If that is Bents EZ Up
I hope Mom was out of the way

Back