Midnight oil

VitaminQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anybody else up cooking? I've got 15 lbs of butts in since 9:30 PM. They're up to about 150 degrees internal and looking good!

Taking it slow today but over the weekend I will be cooking a 7# flat, two big yard birds, 4# eye of the round roast, and 4#'s of London Broil. Also have two 2# Bob Evans fatties to throw on.

Dam Neil. I'm coming over to your house. Sounds good, bro.

I know where St Jo, MO is. Home of the Pony Express. Can I just go back there and hang a hard right to get to your house in MI?

You're quite the night owl VitaQ. You got Nixon bowling and butts on the grill at midnight. Hell of a man. Tear to the eye.

Hang a right when you get to Idianapollis and you'll be here in 3 1/2 hours.

Re: RE: Midnight oil

Neil said:
Taking it slow today but over the weekend I will be cooking 4# eye of the round roast, and 4#'s of London Broil.

Neil, could you let me know how this works out? Doing a contest at the end of the month with beef roast instead of brisket. I'm working on a few of my old favorites myself this weekend.

Kevin

RE: Re: RE: Midnight oil

Looks like there are a few bros up and cookin'. I rolled out a little late and hung over this morning. I can see now that preparing everything the night before is good strategy. I was lucky I could get my shoes on let alone start a fire. Nice to know that there are other brothers out there smelling the coffey and smoke this AM. I posted a couple of pictures of my brisket. Wake up Neil!!!

Kevin, I have done a number of roasts but this is my first brisket. I usually stop cooking a roast at around 165 degrees internal temp. It doesn't need the tenderizing that a brisket does. I'm taking the brisket to 190 internal. I like my roast a little pink on the inside. Brisket is more like a pot roast or pork butt, you want it done through and through so it is tender.

RE: Re: RE: Midnight oil

Neil, sounds like a great lunch, whatcha doin' for dinner!

Back