ABTs and Crawfish - PR0N

boiled-crawfish-grasp-l.jpg
Grasp

Hold crawfish on both sides of the tail joint, your thumbs on one side of the shell and your index fingers on the other.
boiled-crawfish-snap-l.jpg
Twist and Snap

With a twisting motion, snap the head away from the tail. (Optional step for diehards: Suck the juice from the crawfish head.)
boiled-crawfish-peel-l.jpg
Peel

Use your thumbs to peel away the shell from the widest part of the tail, pulling back from the center, just as you would peel a shrimp.
boiled-crawfish-tug-l.jpg
Tug

Hold the tip of the tail and gently tug out the tender meat. Enjoy! (Don’t live on the bayou? Order online at lacrawfish.com.)

K-jun, I'm somewhat disappointed in your last post. :p If crawfish are properly boiled, the meat should pop out of the shell with a pinch of the tail (after removing the head of course). Only rookies peel the tail. The problem is most folks over cook their crawfish - this can happen in as little as one minute of over-boiling, leading to the need to "peel" the shell off.

K-jun, I'm somewhat disappointed in your last post. :p If crawfish are properly boiled, the meat should pop out of the shell with a pinch of the tail (after removing the head of course). Only rookies peel the tail. The problem is most folks over cook their crawfish - this can happen in as little as one minute of over-boiling, leading to the need to "peel" the shell off.

LOL of course you are right. That was meant for Shinka who said "That does look fine. I need to learn how to eat those clean". Who is evidently not versed in the finer points of boiled crawfish. I have lived my whole life(56 years)in Lafayette, LA. Trust me I'm no rookie.:becky:

Your spread looks like it's not your first rodeo either.

Back