This is most disturbing... and it's in Texas... and its brisket

Something is wrong with the video you posted, I keep pressing the play arrow and it wont start. :noidea:

They've been serving brisket all these years and still haven't learned to cut against the grain?

attachment.php

They've been serving brisket all these years and still haven't learned to cut against the grain?

That is a common method for cutting briskets at some of the bigger name places in Texas.

The flat is cut like you are used to. The point is then rotated 90deg and cut

They should cook the brisket on a PBC if they wants some good eatin.... Texas style!

Just sayin...

Sad really. Spend hours of time and hardwork managing temps and burning a clean fire to ruin it in simmering water or whatever.

What kind of smoker does he have?

I believe it is one of these:
[ame]http://youtu.be/JVxbCz0ukMY[/ame]
They are sold at Academy and I believe they are made in Mexico.

Attachments

• ocp.jpg
    ocp.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 99
I eat at City Market in Giddings a few times a year. I like the BBQ there, really good stuff.

Pardon my stupidity but is the complaint that the dude baptized the beef AFTER it was smoked, removing all the rub? :twitch:

Pardon my stupidity but is the complaint that the dude baptized the beef AFTER it was smoked, removing all the rub? :twitch:

Baptized!!!! LOL Yes. No way are you stupid. You are dead on. But they don't dunk it... they pretty much leave it in there.

Back