The ugliest uds ever!!!!!!!

Smokeass

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I made this UDS out of 20" Caseing. I cut the caseing down to 3 feet, but it was 4 feet long and weighed 230pds.:doh: I think its around 200pds now.

I am going to burn off all the protective covering.

I used 3/4" threads and brass ball valves for the airflow on two sides, then just one open 3/4" thread on the back.

I have two racks and a 12" tall charcoal basket. I think I'm goin to have to make it a little smaller. :shocked:

My carrying handles crack me up, maybe a little over kill.....on everything!!:noidea:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 813
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 816
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 830
Last edited:
Dude, at that weight why bother with the handles?? Its not going anywhere! jk... great job. Are you going to use the 18.5" grates with that? Have fun with it!

That should hold some heat nicely. What are you planning on using for a lid?

Yea, I'm going with 18.5" grates, havent really figured out the lid yet, but I'm pretty good with coming up with weird stuff.

200lbs!!? Handles!!?? Hope you ain't movin' it far...

Looks good! Get that lid figured out, and show us some food.

That is an awesome piece of pipe you got there. I'm thinking that it should cook really good as that thicker steel will be a better stabilizer of the temp. Nice score and build!

This post made my day, it is ugly but it's beautiful at the same time. But who cares! you will be cooking the most tender and juicy food on earth on it. Are you going to calculate the temps with that thermometer on the lid?

Back