New UDS for 09!

Looks great and congrats.
I would lower the intake at least 6" or you may have serious temp controll problems. Also perhaps pop a few small holes in the shelf so it drains?

KY, why lower the intake? I was planning something equally high to save the back. Bad idea?

Hello all!
Oh yeah I will post lots of BBQ pron!
I am going to be able to watch the Atlanta Falcons win the super bowl,
while using my new the UDS! :biggrin:

Well, at least you will enjoy the UDS while watching "some team" win the super bowl, but it with 12:37 min left in the game today, it ain't looking good for the Falcons, looks like Falcons are getting slow cooked on the play off AZ smoker:!::roll:

New UDS for 2009

Thanks for all the compliments and comments guys!

All went well with my first cook. Even though I used 1" inlets and the air intake valve was slightly high above the UDS lid, the temperature was easily controlled by the 1" valve. I cooked with the valve half way open and one inlet opened and all was in perfect harmony! Average temp 245 degrees F

KY, why lower the intake? I was planning something equally high to save the back. Bad idea?

People have had drafting problems with the intake being nearly as tall as the exhaust. Being that heat rises with them being at equal or close to height you get a stall effect if you know what I mean. If your going to run it that high then just run the exhaust even higher.

I know someone can detail this better then I did but if you look at any cooker *intake VS exhaust* they are all set up this way.

Back