• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dad's chili

MountainCityOutlaw

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My dad's chili is some of the best out there imho, but he will not share the recipe with me yet. :mad: He likes to torment me, because I want to know whats all in the mix. He sends me a couple of batches with very vague instructions. :crazy: Like this
Chilispice_zpsece5c000.jpg

I call him and ask how much water to put in it and he laughs and says just enough to make it right. He said call him back when it is done and tell if it was any good.

I got it all laid out
mixture_zpseef9c456.jpg

Started browning the meat
Chilistep2_zps19d0dd05.jpg

Added the spice mixture and tomato paste
ChiliStep3_zps7d4eaa54.jpg

I will update later with the results of dads torture.. :becky:

That looks delicious, if you send me a jar, I will run my own analysis of what the ingredients are and inform you of my results. :twitch:

I never thought to get my dad's great chili recipe although I "helped" him make it many times.

Bribe him for his recipe with some great BBQ or do whatever else you need to do to make him give it up.

Good bbq is out of the question, he taught me. I could do some of dads character building (hauling rocks), but I think I will bribe him with beer instead. :twisted: Then maybe he will slip and tell me!!! lol

Good bbq is out of the question, he taught me. I could do some of dads character building (hauling rocks), but I think I will bribe him with beer instead. :twisted: Then maybe he will slip and tell me!!! lol

LOL. Time for inventive measures then.

OK, get him to write it down and put it in his safety deposit box with your name on it.

Back