Boxes for home practice

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Where do you guys get them? I know RD has them but in very large quantities... Does Costco have smaller quantities packages?

You just need 1 or 2. Just ask your local takeout joint.
I have a case, however, I'll send some if you want. Email me your address.

Thanks Boogie but it seems like such a waste to mail them. I will probably get some from the local take out joint

The business Costco sells them. In the Northwest, Cash & Carry sells them as well. Some groups are going away from the styro though and we have a plastic (corn starch?) box. I even worked up my putting greens in them and then "transferred" the greens to the real turn in boxes. So I'll just use them to pre prep my greens for the turn in boxes. I also use them to give the neighbors bbq samples to try.

Here in PNWBA Land, and Seattle for sure, the styrofoam boxes are no longer used, and depending upon what county in Washington and some other Western States and Canada it all comes down to the local ordinances.

IMG_1680.jpg

The ones we use are deeper with scalloped sides, are recyclable and biodegradable.

IMG_4329.jpg

I like them for appearance sake, they make an excellent frame for the meats, but it takes a little practice to do the parsley box swap.

IMG_4330.jpg

I usually ask the Head Judge for couple extras after the turn ins, and even if I have to wash used ones, they are heavy duty enough to use many times.

Anyone know where to get a couple on long island...??
take out joints near me use plastic round containers
or anyone have any to spare near me

I was just in our local Wally World last night and saw packages of the clamshells on an end cap. They looked like about the same size but I did not check the package to see what they measured. It was a pack of about 10 or 12.

I bought a bag of 75 @ GFS for about $6. Plenty for comp practice, and I've been taking a few to catering gigs for leftovers to bring home.

Back