Guitarbeque

arlieque

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Not looking good for Guitarbeque...I will post to let you know as the merger isnt going well and they may cut all events in Asbury Park for a year! Will know for sure next week sometime. If it is cut we are planning on moving it inland to a different site in 2008.

Thanks, Arlie

Sorry to hear that and I am sure you will keep us all posted.
Good luck and hope it all shakes out for the better.

Wow, this is a big time bummer! I was really looking forward to Guitarbecue.

Keeping my fingers crossed but it sounds doubtful. I'm running out of events!

please let me know if something changes. We were looking forward to the tunes...
nancee

Damn! We had a great time there last year and was sure looking to go again this year.

Figures one of the few i planned on cooking and it might be gone anybody know what is the alternate? Edit just checked KCBS weekend before is Lake Placid weekend after is wildwood nj, depending on schedule i am leaning towards Lake Placid. I would much rather drive to asbury than lake placid

Go to Lake Placid. Cooked there last year, it was a great contest. Organizers were very cooker friendly, low entry fees, large prizes, free ice, contest is sited in the Olympic oval where Eric Heiden won his 5 gold medals in 1980, and in the shadow of where the Miracle on Ice took place.

The fact that virtually every team that cooked there last year is returning is a sign that this is a real good time....

Figures one of the few i planned on cooking and it might be gone anybody know what is the alternate? Edit just checked KCBS weekend before is Lake Placid weekend after is wildwood nj, depending on schedule i am leaning towards Lake Placid. I would much rather drive to asbury than lake placid

I don't know if your a new cook or not but you need to send your entries in as soon as possible. Wildwood is as tough to get in as Harpoon and is full. Lake Placid only has a few spots left and may be full. Last year LP was begging for cooks and I'm sure there will be a wating list soon. I think it was a couple years ago thet Asbury got some guy's off the street to cook to make it a qualifier.

Go to Lake Placid. Cooked there last year, it was a great contest. Organizers were very cooker friendly, low entry fees, large prizes, free ice, contest is sited in the Olympic oval where Eric Heiden won his 5 gold medals in 1980, and in the shadow of where the Miracle on Ice took place.

The fact that virtually every team that cooked there last year is returning is a sign that this is a real good time....

Oh, I've always wanted to meet Eric Heiden!:wink: Looks like a great contest. FYI, I spoke to the Wildwood folks yesterday and they had ONE open slot after returning teams and it went to the first application received after Monday. I should have checked in last week.

What is the latest on this? ANy new info? Inquiring minds......

GUys I said it would be next week but isnt looking good. I dont know if I will be able to post the results so someone call me. I will be in California after Tuesday evening getting ready for nexy weekends Autry BBQ Championship.

Thanks,Arlie

Guitarbeque Update

Just got off the phone with Arlieque and things are looking a whole lot better for Guitarbeque than they were a few days ago, though he won't know officially until Monday.

Long story short, the venue and all events at it have been up in the air due to an ongoing merger. However, the marketing firms from both companies met today and are starting to see the power of this event and want to work together to make it happen.

Now that may mean cutting out the proposed grilling event in an effort to reign in the number of days (and, more importantly, the cost of things like security and firemarshall fees), but a Friday/Saturday BBQ contest with entertainment is still looking very feasible.

Arlie will try to log in late tonight but he has given them until Monday to reach a final decision.

Thanks for the update Clint...

Arlie knows we are all pulling for him for this to come together...

Who needs grilling events & security guards anyway ????

Thanks...

Thanks for the update and "Thank" You Arlie for your hard work... There are not awhole lot of competitions in this area it would be ashame to have this one go too like Ocean City cancelled theirs...
We plan on attending this year if it is a go...

Back