• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

All Because of a tree!

dport7

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had this sweet gum dropped, because it was hollow, as you can see in the pic.
64qhvs.jpg

I cut all the branches off thinking I was going to chip them in my little
chipper, but it was easier to burn them, so i did, two days later, done.
I checked the temp in the middle of the burn pile the following day.
kb7m0g.jpg
rkvjt2.jpg

So, I couldn't resist, texas style ribs.
6h72a1.jpg

Once rubbed down and put in the dutch oven with pears layered on the bottom, pear juice and apple juice
2hd42nr.jpg

I opened up the pile in the middle about a foot deep, In they went, covered them back up and left them for two hours. When they came out, I was surprised, they were great and the tenderest i've ever eaten.
ivv1gk.jpg
wixb48.jpg

I don't like cutting live trees, but that one was leaning at the house and dropping those miserable sweet gum balls, it had to go.
I'm going to cut the shank and use it for landscape, more pics to follow.

Sure got a good meal out of the branches.

That is farking awesome!! Nothing goes to waste.

Impressive quick thinking + Imagination.

Very nice

Cool! That's inventive. I used to have a going concern when I was a kid, clearing neighbor's yards of their gumballs so they wouldn't become lawn mower missiles. I got a penny for every ten. It added up. Quickly...:becky:

Cool! That's inventive. I used to have a going concern when I was a kid, clearing neighbor's yards of their gumballs so they wouldn't become lawn mower missiles. I got a penny for every ten. It added up. Quickly...:becky:

Never thought of that, that'll give the gran kiddies something to do to
make some money, as I still have two trees still dropping them.

Your right, they do turn into missiles coming out of the lawn mower.

Living on a prairie, I also hate seeing a tree get the chop, but a hollow tree is a dying tree, so it was only a matter of time.

I am glad to hear that you used the branches to cook a good meal, and have plans to use the rest of the tree.

CD

Back