• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ordered an Assassin Smoker

Yes, we ordered last week. Should be here on the 15th. I have noticed in a few pics that people place pans underneath the smoker??? Is that there for a reason

Yes, we ordered last week. Should be here on the 15th. I have noticed in a few pics that people place pans underneath the smoker??? Is that there for a reason

Yep, it's a "drippings" catcher. If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see the Assassin (and others like it) have a pair of "slides" so you can slide in a "drippings pan" to catch them or do as others do and simply put the drippings pan on the ground (or use a bucket similarly).

Now if you've got a couple of family pets helping you smoke (like I do - (2) 100 pounders), they may like to "lick" the drippings - so I'll probably try to use the slides and put a pan under there.

By the way, the BOL says 770 pounds!?! That's a lot - of course that is a "packed" weight in the crate. Sure glad I don't plan on moving this thing around a bunch. Garage to outside the garage back to the garage, and so on. . . . . .

It did come today. It looks and feels very solid. I don't have it fully uncrated yet - it came late. Anyway I did open the doors and top and have a look around.

Here are the pics still in the crate. I hope to season it up asap.

Trey

Assassin1.jpg
Assassin2.jpg

I just went up to Macon today and picked up my new ASSASSIN 28. I didn't realize how big this thing is. It is supposed to rain tomorrow but I have a plan for that. Jeff and his daughter were AWESOME to deal with. My boys and I have spent many nights throwing sticks into our home built SLANG (Limited Edition). I am looking forward to some consistancy and some sleep.

I just went up to Macon today and picked up my new ASSASSIN 28. I didn't realize how big this thing is. It is supposed to rain tomorrow but I have a plan for that. Jeff and his daughter were AWESOME to deal with. My boys and I have spent many nights throwing sticks into our home built SLANG (Limited Edition). I am looking forward to some consistancy and some sleep.

Exactamundo!! I too have spent many a night tending the fire on my now sold stickburner. I'm looking forward to all night brisket and butt smokes where I get to sleep some!!!

Drive By, any pics of the new Assassin? When you gonna' break 'er in?

Exactamundo!! I too have spent many a night tending the fire on my now sold stickburner. I'm looking forward to all night brisket and butt smokes where I get to sleep some!!!

haha.both of you welcome to the dark side:)

nice looking rig

Sent from my GT-P7510

Back