Even More Human Experimentation with Cow Pow!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
As some of you may recall, I recently restocked some Big Butz BBQ Sauce. In addition to the sauce there were some special gifts...

r_IMG_0434.jpg

My 15 year old son Sebastian and I were having burgers tonight, so I figured it was a good time to use this stuff...

Behold! Cow Pow!

r_IMG_0482.jpg

...and this is what Cow Pow looks like when it's not glistening in the sunlight...

r_IMG_0483.jpg

I informed my son that he was a test subject tonight and that we were only putting Cow Pow seasoning on the burgers. He has some favorite seasonings already that he usually adds to his burgers after they're done even though I seasoned or flavored the meat ahead of time. He was cool with it but wanted a taste of it first.

r_IMG_0487.jpg

He approved!

r_IMG_0489.jpg

While the chimney was lighting up I made some burger patties. One for me, one for Sebastian, and one we can fight for later!:heh:

r_IMG_0485.jpg

I seasoned them with a good amount of Cow Pow to help satisfy my sons super-seasoned tastes and let the rub get to know the meat, sort of biblical almost.

r_IMG_0486.jpg

When the grill was ready, on they went!

r_IMG_0490.jpg

First flip...

r_IMG_0491.jpg

2nd flip and onto direct heat for a sear...

r_IMG_0492.jpg

One more flip to sear the other side...

r_IMG_0494.jpg

...and they were DONE!:clap: We were hungry from smelling the burgers and rushed into the house. Then the dang dog decided he was going to run by me as I was going through the doorway, slamming me against the side of the door making the burgers fly all over the place and onto the floor where they busted up into multiple fragments and sprayed burger juice onto everyone and many various nooks and crannies in the dining area.
nooo.GIF

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

No sooner had they hit the floor, the dog who instigated the whole incident (along with the little dog) started digging right in to their new found meal. I question if this was truly an accident or not!:mad:

So I went back outside and opened the lid and the intakes to my kettle to get the coals back, which they did fairly promptly. I then made 3 new patties...

r_IMG_0496.jpg

I seasoned them with Cow Pow...

r_IMG_0497.jpg

...and put them on the grill.

r_IMG_0498.jpg

Like the last time I gave them a flip.

r_IMG_0499.jpg

Then another flip and onto direct heat for a sear...

r_IMG_0500.jpg

Then a final flip to sear the other side.

r_IMG_0501.jpg

Alas! They were done!

r_IMG_0502.jpg

I headed to the door and opened it and let the dogs tear inside as fast as they could. I think they were expecting more burgers to fly onto the floor. But I waited until they were inside this time and THEN I went inside!:thumb: I sure showed them!:becky:

I did not get any pics of us eating them because they did not last long at all. We didn't even get plates. We just put the meat in a bun (no condiments or anything) and tried a bite to be good little guinea pigs. They were so good and juicy that they disappeared before we even thought about grabbing plates and chips and drinks or anything like that. They were tasty!:thumb: I am curious though...I kind of thought the flavor might also go with some other meats like pork or maybe chicken. One thing is certain though, it ROCKS on burgers!:nod:

This concludes tonight's Cow Pow Burger Human Experiment at the Baker Research Facility.

Last edited:
Wow! What an amazing feat! Your turned partially cooked burgers back into raw burgers again!

:becky:

Hmmm....must have pasted the wrong link...:laugh:

There...now the correct finished pic is there!:becky:

Ha!
For those of us who have dog households... we understand how things like that can happen!!!
Glad you had the stand by's ready to go!

Ha!
For those of us who have dog households... we understand how things like that can happen!!!
Glad you had the stand by's ready to go!
My wife went to the butcher today to pick up some meat for some of the groups we're making food for this weekend. While she was there she picked up 13 pounds of ground chuck. So we had LOTS of hamburger that I had not yet divided up and frozen just yet.

Thank goodness this had a happy ending... After all the build up about the CowPow I wasn't ready to hear those burgers became dog food! My dog would have been slow through the door, but would have methodically knocked over your IPA and devoured it.:-D

Gotta like the look on that boys face after sampling. See dads do have some fun stuff to try that aren't scary, once in awhile. :rolleyes:
The dog incident is a classic. Just more proof of the animal conspiracy against humans. Good think you had back up. :thumb:
Now that's what I call being prepared. :nod:

Looks wonderful, Master. No pictures of your experimentation on the canines though.

If you had cats, they still would have tripped you up, then given you an I'd kill you if you were smaller look, and then walk off without even a sniff at the meat.

I can't see the pics!

Nice write up though.:-D

Back