Pecan Hulls

I called Oliver Pecan in San Saba, TX (Thanks for the tip Sioux). I just asked for a few pounds, or whatever he could fit in a med pre-paid postage box. He said he'd take care of me. Here's what I got.:p

pecanshells.jpg

That's about 7 pounds of pecan shells, and the total came to $17.11 with most of it shipping. Maybe not all that economical for you guys that are pros, but for us weekend warriors, this is a pretty good deal IMHO. I'm going to have to try it tonight on something.

EDIT: By the way, that's a 2 liter bottle, not a 20 ounce bottle. And the picture is a little deceptive. the shells go almost to the top of the bottle even though the picture doesn't look like it.

Ooops!!! Sorry, I made a mistake. It wasn't 7 pounds, it was 15 pounds for $7.50. Anyway, it's more than I'll use anytime soon. But I have some friends who might like a little.

peanut shells? maybe?
Are you asking if they are peanut shells, or it's not worth it unless they are peanut shells? If your asking what kind of shells, they are pecan shells.

Ooops!!! Sorry, I made a mistake. It wasn't 7 pounds, it was 15 pounds for $7.50. Anyway, it's more than I'll use anytime soon. But I have some friends who might like a little.

Are you asking if they are peanut shells, or it's not worth it unless they are peanut shells? If your asking what kind of shells, they are pecan shells.

15 pounds for 7.50? DANG, that's a good deal. I might email them and see if they can hook me up.

15 pounds for 7.50? DANG, that's a good deal. I might email them and see if they can hook me up.
That wasn't including shipping. The total was $17.11. But in an earlier post I said that was for 7 pounds not 15.

Last edited:
Back