KCBS & KCBS Website

our info was gone also, and both the wife and I are members. I think they might have had some kind of data loss incident, but as already stated, it wouldn't hurt to tell folks about it

Has anybody found out why we can't edit the team members? I sent an email to KCBS but have yet to hear back.

The following is part of the continuing saga of emails....

Jeff,

Thank you for your patience. Let your friends at the Brethren know they can always call or email me if they have a question or concern. J

If you check it now, you’ll see it has been fixed.

Dawn Endrijaitis
to which I replied....

Dawn,

Thank you for correcting the team name.

One issue still remains though. Are we, as members of KCBS, going to be notified if a breach in data integrity occurs again?

While the disclaimer does protect you from incorrect data supplied to you, KCBS is still responsible for the storage and safe keeping of that data.

I await your response,

Jeff
And I recieved back....

I am out of the office until Monday, January 18. If you need
immediate assistance, please contact the KCBS office @ 800-963-5227.

--
Dawn Endrijaitis

Looks like I may need to request permission to bring this up to the BOD over the weekend....

If it was a system crash or something and info was lost I can understand, but then why do they have the team members locked where I can not edit team members to my info?

Ours is different as well. They also removed the little blurb that my partner in smoke added describing the team. His name has been removed from the team list, but he is listed as the only member of another team. However, the other "team" is actually a typo of our actual team name - a typo made when he was registered as a CBJ and included a team name.

So I have not been a member for 2 years.

I had to put the KCBS domain on my email Spam filter, cuz I get continual updates on new KCBS Gear, all that farking balloting chit, and even candidate crap from the Board.

So they got some electronic nut jockey deleting non-member teammates from your team profiles, but don't take the time of day to purge their own God Damn Email lists!!!

same here... we should compare notes !!!

same here... we should compare notes !!!

Oops.
My original post was a little strong worded, but I posted that when this thread was in Woodpile.

I would not have even seen it here, but was tracking my posts for follow up replies today.

Hope this all works out for you folks

I just checked our team bio...they took out swamprb's name...there's a toll free number to call...gonna give it a shot. :mad:

Update...just got off the phone with Kay @ KCBS (very helpful lady btw). According to her you you can have KCBS members listed on your team even if they are listed on their own or other team(s). She said there should be an area to "add team members" on the team bio edit page. There is not. When I told her this she said it was a "Dawn" thing and that she is out of the office until Monday.

Update #2...got a call back from Kay @ KCBS...she now has the power to change team member information...but...according to her...it can only be done through KCBS. Give her a call...800-963-5227. BTW...Brian is now back on the team member list for "Left Hand Smoke"...Thanks Kay!

Last edited:
They deleted the entire Bio on mine too, So I just added the team names in the Bio area and will be putting my bio back later.

Yes, it is our data, but it is their database... They are storing it.

If they had a problem with it being cleared, damaged, or some other way compramised it would have been nice to have passed that information on to the membership. Again, I guess it goes back to communication with the members....

As for being a member, yes I am. The fact that they have removed non-members from our team lists and yet have not cleaned up and removed the teams of non-members.

Like you said, it just doesn't make sense....

Not only communication with members but the BOD as well. We were not aware those changes were made. The website is run by MMA and they have obviously taken liberties we are not aware of. It will be brought up at the board meeting in Philly I can promise you that.

Not only communication with members but the BOD as well. We were not aware those changes were made. The website is run by MMA and they have obviously taken liberties we are not aware of. It will be brought up at the board meeting in Philly I can promise you that.

Especially when they are deleting team members who are actually KCBS members.

Based on team members names being in caps, it appears that it is automatically feeding team members names based on the team name that matches up with the database.

Back