legal advise

badger

Bash lurker
Reaction score
Dear Lawyer,

It all started when I was surfing the web for some tricks and hints about making better Q in my Bandera. I was just a normal day, sunny and warm, birds chirping, dogs frolicking in the back yard and then it happened. I stumbled across a Bandera-Brethren group on Yahoo, I should have known that I should stay out while I still could. After reading post after post for 3 days straight (at work) I posted one myself suggesting that I can build a web site to hang out at. The leader (name not to be mentioned... PHIL) said that would be great, so up went a web site (built while at work).

Here I am today Sep 3 2003, three weeks later and all I do is think about when I am going to be able to smoke my next meal. I go to work to get on the Internet and hang out on the web site most of the day (if I am near a computer I have the web site up), my lawn has not been mowed in over three weeks, I have to go shopping with my wife (for more meat) to get to know her again, my personal hygene is in worse condition then my Bandera. I have put in a request to facilities at work to install a smoker in the kitchen on my floor (required for y2k compliancy).

The worse is what will take place tomorrow... I bought 6 slabs of pork baby backs for my self tonight so I can do a mid week smoke ON A THURSDAY. Where is it going to stop?

Please help me! Can I take any legal action against this Brethren Cult?

Sincerely,
Smoked and confused

You are in deep DO. There is no turning back-- you have been turned to the dark side :D

The server could be named HAL after the computer in 2001, at least then you could blame the computer(s) for all your problems. :D

Smoked and Confused:

Kindly be advised that your situation is not uncommon, as experienced by fellow Brethern;however, after reviewing the By-Laws, Rules, Regulations, Constitution, Declaration of Independance, as well as the ingredients of Manny's Pit Bull Hot Sauce,(together with the reverse of the Capn Crunch Box--but that may be off topic) I must advise you that there exists no basis in law or equity upon which to file a claim. In essence, the response to your inquiry is "No-Way."

You can, if you wish, channel your agression to designing the coordinating socks to the Brethern Cult Flag.

Very truly,

Brethren Council

The socks will be basic black over the calf for wearing with sandals :D

We also need a t-shirt design. My eldest son, the former Marine, is thinking of getting me a shirt that simply says Barbeque Freak! He and I are considering a 150 mile 'q run to Peeple's BBQ in Auburndale, FL, they opened for the season on Thursday night, 9/4/03. :D The wife said we should wait since they'll be so busy!!??

The wife said we should wait since they'll be so busy!!??
If they are going to be so busy, maybe you should go a day or two in advance and camp out at their front door. Maybe they will let you taste their test runs. Or take a cooker and sell bbq to everybody else camping out.

Too late -- they're already open. They must do something right - I used to make runs for 'q back in 1966 and they'd been open for years then. They're only open Thursday-Saturday 11-9 and are closed all summer. Their front door is screen -- I'm talking serious shack/joint barbeque!! I've got to get a picture of this place -- come to think of it I need to get a picture of Eli's here in Dunedin, too. Eli's is only open Friday and Saturday lunch til he runs out of 'q. :D

DFLittle said:
You are in deep DO. There is no turning back-- you have been turned to the dark side :D

The server could be named HAL after the computer in 2001, at least then you could blame the computer(s) for all your problems. :D

IT was a typo, it was Hi AL, not HAL.... Damn, I Was there and now forgoten,,,,except for heat shield....

badger said:
all I do is think about when I am going to be able to smoke my next meal. I go to work to get on the Internet and hang out on the web site most of the day (if I am near a computer I have the web site up), my lawn has not been mowed in over three weeks, I have to go shopping with my wife (for more meat) to get to know her again, my personal hygene is in worse condition then my Bandera. I have put in a request to facilities at work to install a smoker in the kitchen on my floor (required for y2k compliancy).

Please help me! Can I take any legal action against this Brethren Cult?

Sincerely,
Smoked and confused

I'm KNOW the feeling. Now I wind up smoking 350lbs of meat with the Grand Exulated Mystic Poohbah and come home thinking about my next cook. It's a cult I tell you! A cult!

Wow! How many cults actually last 3 years?

Back