Transporting BGE to Contests

OakPit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Help! I've got a (4) Large BGE line-up for contests and am looking for ideas on making the transport a bit easier. Currently they are loaded into my pick-up bed one by one. I'm a handy carpenter and welder so I want to make some sort of a racking assembly that the eggs can be housed in both for transport and for cooking. Does anyone have any ideas to share?

Thanks in advance!

For a truck, make a wood crate. Get a Pot Lifter and two people can lift the eggs easily. That's how we use to do it. Even when I first got my enclosed trailer. Now we just roll the eggs in the nest up the ramp and strap them to the walls with a strap over the tops.

Maybe the BGE company should be marketing a egg carton to complement their line of eggs and nests. :wacko:

It's to easy:becky:
base_media
base_media

I know your dilemma they certainly are heavy and like the farkers here point out can break like an egg. Is there any system that you can think of that you can mimic?
UDSLOAD.jpg
or
towtruck.jpg

I just use ratchet straps to hold mine against the side of the bed. My problem is getting it in -- I usually end up taking it apart, moving it up piece by piece and putting it back together in the truck. Real pain in the rump!

Help! I've got a (4) Large BGE line-up for contests and am looking for ideas on making the transport a bit easier. Currently they are loaded into my pick-up bed one by one. I'm a handy carpenter and welder so I want to make some sort of a racking assembly that the eggs can be housed in both for transport and for cooking. Does anyone have any ideas to share?

Thanks in advance!
I've seen wades Egg and he made a little handy cap type setup where it was a lift and it was big enough for his egg.

I don't think it was hidralic though, I didn't get there in time to see him use it.

Two or more at a time, going up into a truck bed is going to be heavy without figuring the weight of a table or cart. I think I'd go with a ramp and take them up 1 at a time. BGE makes a handy little attachment that will work with the newer version of the nest.

Thanks in advance!

So you are wanting to continue using your truck bed for transport of them but need a better way to secure them in the truck bed? I would say get a tommy gate and put them on there and use that. A buddy of mine did that and he put them to the edge so he can slide off into the nest. Thing about having them in a cart in a truck bed is they will sit high and could topple on a turn.

I'm a handy carpenter and welder

Have you considered a trailer built to haul the eggs?
Have them setup to use in place on an open bed trailer?
Maybe 4 eggs on the left side and prep surface behind the eggs.
Maybe a roof? shelter?
I think you could find a cheap trailer and retro fit it to the eggs.
jon

I just saw a trailer hitch mounted BGE but can't remember where.

be carul i know my bother had his brake and when he called egg thay told him there not ment to travel so he had a hell of a battle with them ... from what we figured out you need a dampaning to potect it from the hard waves that can occure with a bad bump...get a cheep matress pad foam thingy from walmart and pad the bottom and sides any where it touches metal or wood....

I recommend carts with off road sized wheels and a ramped trailer...:cool:

Thanks in advance!

I FOUND IT! This is what you need and can use your trailer still! Only $900!
http://duluth.craigslist.org/cto/1723439362.html
Use the lift for getting the eggs in and out safely!

Back