Basic Brisket Tutorial (pron heavy)

Thanks... new to Brisket... Carolina Dude here so we are all about pig but just got back from TX and firing up the smoker to try my hand at Brisket. I don't expect anything like I sampled in San Antonio but with these hints and tips and directions I certainly expect nice results.

How did the brisket turn out neighbor? Rock Hill brother here!

Glad I found this thread! Can't wait to do a 2nd run at a brisket now.

I love this post. This is how I learned how to cook briskets. It's also how I learned to separate the flat from the point. I separate mine after the rest and slice as needed!

I'm with smitty, I've cooked my fair share of walmart selects! None of them have been amazing in quality but turned out well.

Great tutorial. I am doing a brisket on my UDS this weekend and will use this recipe.

what wood did you use??? I plan to do one of these. I have only done it the oven (not smoked though). Your instructions seem straight forward. I am new to smoking meats on the grill. Did a pork butt recently and it came out great!!!! Thanks Lubby

Any hardwood , nut or fruit wood. Most use Oak or Hickory or Pecan or Mesquite......

Mmmmmmmm....brisket.

The main reason why I am building my UDS !
Thanks for the reference.
I know this is an old thread but I hope y'all dont mind my enthusiasm. Lol

Great tutorial. I just have a couple of quick questions for you or anyone else who might have an answer. Did you rest the brisket before separating the point and flat. Then, what do you do after separating to keep the flat warm while you cook the point into burnt ends r another 4 hours is you want to serve both at the same time?

Thank

It’s 24F and 2” of fresh snow fell last night but I put my first brisket on this morning at 6:15. Using pecan for smoke at about 250 degrees. Thanks so much for this great tutorial!

Photo courtesy of "Grill Momma" on Facebook, about two hours ago.

31969767_447184065702738_7358775666776473600_n.jpg

Back