• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lambs Farm Comp--Libertyville IL

billm

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
any of the Brethren cooking the Lambs Farm Libertyville IL comp 10/20-10/21?

Bill,
I plan on being there, but not sure if I'm going to be cooking (as an assistant for a presently unknown (to me) team), or just hanging out. But I'll look for ya.

Our first comp Lookin forward to it and meeting a bunch of the brethren! Got an email from Kate last week and she said that they have around 35 teams.

g

Sledneck said:
Do they have a whole lamb category?
I wish they did...but nothing says i cant grab one and cook it for dinner!

We will be there! Last call of the fall! Then time to cram everything in the garage for the winter. Bring lots of blankets. Should get nice and cold at night.

parrothead said:
We will be there! Last call of the fall! Then time to cram everything in the garage for the winter. Bring lots of blankets. Should get nice and cold at night.
ill be breaking out the long underwear for this one Greg..

Harbormaster said:
Bill,
I plan on being there, but not sure if I'm going to be cooking (as an assistant for a presently unknown (to me) team), or just hanging out. But I'll look for ya.

No problem hanging with, or helping, us. Is Pimp coming down as well?

Greg,
I plan on riding down with Pimp. He e-mailed the other day, been busy. So we are coming. Looking forward to meeting the brethren.

Greg and Bob and Pimp and Harbormaster. Best of luck on the contest. I had a wild hair here and told my wife I might drive up their to just check things out. She said go and have fun. Sad part is truck isnt unloaded from rain drenched camping trip. I hope you make the big walk on this contest.

Mike

bbqbull said:
Greg and Bob and Pimp and Harbormaster. Best of luck on the contest. I had a wild hair here and told my wife I might drive up their to just check things out. She said go and have fun. Sad part is truck isnt unloaded from rain drenched camping trip. I hope you make the big walk on this contest.

Mike

You have a whole week yet to unpack.

I thought the contest was this weekend. This snow has me totally outta whack here.

It is next weekend. Man time is flying. We were looking at doing it with Jeff_in_KC before the Columbia contest opened up... Good luck up there Brothers, and put those thermals on at night!!!

Got an email from Kate last night, I count 38 teams. I really can't wait for this.

g

Just wanted to wish the Brethern Brothers who are cooking at the Libertyville Il. contest. I know Parrothead, Greg and Bob are going as a team and I believe Harbormaster and Pimpsmoke are going to assist as well. If any other brethern brother teams are their I wish them folks the best of luck also. Dont forget your red flannels.

Mike

Any results yet?

I talked to Greg early in the day.

Harbormaster and Pimp where with him, Bob, (I think RonL). Sides down on the tent with a heater in there.

Said the set up was sweet. Sounded like it too.

I spent the day with pigs, goats, a Llama, and other assorted farms animals, but that is not a competition thread.

Sorry to have missed it, but PMS and barbecue don't mix

Yep... I was there and we did have a sweet setup. We were very busy Friday night giving tours!

I'll let Greg tell the story for the team.

I don't remember the full results so I'll let someone who took notes post the, but I do know...

Grand - KRE Smokers
Reserve - Cancer Sucks

Congrats to Keith and Scottie and their teams and to eveyrone else who walked.

I'm going to take a hot shower now...

Thanks BigFellas for being great hosts.

What a great time!

Spoon check!!!!:twisted:

Pimp just wondering here? You got anymore of them little prickley marks on ya? Hope you had a great time at the contest.

A threat and a bull.

Back