Are You Ready For A "BBQ Brethren Pron Throwdown"...???

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks throwdown is..."Chicken Wings"...:p (gotta keep Ron happy :twisted:)

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Mon-Sun).
3) All pics must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max.

The voting will begin on Tuesday evening after I've posted "vote" thread!
You will have until Friday to vote.

Since we are starting this one mid week...you better get crackin'...:twisted:

Next weeks throwdown will be..."appetizers"...:biggrin:

I may have to stop working around the house getting ready for the holidays. This should be a fun one!

This could be a toughy - I've seen some great presentations of wings posted in the past. Now, where in the freezer is them dang wangs?

Good thing I got a job.. i can get peanut oil now for smofrying!

here we go :cool:

57_a_009_Small_17.jpg

Did wings last night and am gone this week-end. I'm in for next week, whatever it is.

I was just thinkin, its been toooo long since I cooked some wings...Im in.

e

Thanks, that gives me plenty of time to prep in the head.

I am doing a pork butt armadillo eggs ABTS and moink balls this weekend I wonder if there is room for some chicken wings on the WSM also...

Orange Chicken Wings w/Pig Candy Fried Rice and Spicy Peanut-Glazed Shrimp Spring Rolls

The recipe and pron of making it is here.

final.jpg

Simply Wings

Made some wings last night in the midst of watching the hoops on the tube. I could not decide between Simply Marvelous BBQ sauce or some Spicy Mustard sauce I have so, I dunked in the mustard sauce first and cooked them for about 15 minutes and then added the BBQ sauce as I closed the cooked. It made for some deeply layered flavors:cool:

I decided to share with you and pop my Throwdown Cherry!:biggrin:

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03065.jpg

DSC03076.jpg

Chicken Wings with White Sauce...

I've had this bottle of "Big Bob Gibson's" Original White sauce sitting on my shelf for a while...so I emailed them for a recipe on how to best use them on chicken wings for the throwdown this week. Chris Lilly was kind enough to share this recipe with me...and I am now sharing it with you. Pics to follow tomorrow. :p

Chicken Wings with White Sauce

Dry Rub
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoons paprika
¼ teaspoon red pepper
¼ teaspoon white pepper

14 whole chicken wings cut into wings and drumettes (28 pieces total)

Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q White Sauce

Stir together the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Season the wings with all of the rub for extra hot wings or half of the rub for spicy.

Build a charcoal and/or wood fire on one side of grill, leaving the other side void. This will create an area for indirect cooking away from the coals. When the cooker temperature reaches 450˚F, place the wings on the grill grate away from the coals and close the cooker lid. Cook for approximately 30 minutes, flipping each wing once.

When the wings are brown and crisp, remove them from the grill and dunk them into a bowl of White Sauce. Serve and enjoy
Serves: 4 to 6

Just curious. Would it be in the rule book of wings to seperate the wing-ette from the drum-ette and be considered "Wing eligible"?

Well, I'm hoping it's eligible. I seperated my wings and drumettes in mine.:lol:

Back