The Beast Is Complete!

Great Job - I like the dual exhaust :thumb:

she's a beauty. Glad to see ya posting again. Now...you KNOW we want to see her gettin' dirty.

That is good looking!

Gonna put the second grate about 5 inches below the first?

What made you decide to put both stacks on the same side instead of on opposite sides of the lid?

That is good looking!

Gonna put the second grate about 5 inches below the first?

What made you decide to put both stacks on the same side instead of on opposite sides of the lid?

You know, I wrestled with where to put the stacks more than anything. I wasn't really sure if it would make a difference. Most flat top drums have a bung off to the the side that is used as the exhaust, so I just decided with the two handles I was using, it just worked out better. The lid is not totally flat. The middle dips down, so they had to go to the outside edge.

I was thinking 5 - 6 inches for the lower rack. The lid sits down so deep inside the drum that I had to put the top rack a little lower than I wanted.

Twin velocity stacks-Perfect! Two handles for the big boy lid- Perfect! BGE door so "no reach arounds" to get the fire going- Perfect!
Yup.... I'd say its pretty close to Perfect!!

Awesome MEGA-UDS! I would love to see that beast next to a standard 55 gallon UDS to see the difference. Nice work Wes.

Awesome MEGA-UDS! I would love to see that beast next to a standard 55 gallon UDS to see the difference. Nice work Wes.

Ask and ye shall receive. :becky:

96-5.jpg

Back