PRON-18 Hour Smoked Butt!!, w/ a 1st try at a FATTIE in b/w the BUTT SMOKE!

T

tmarksinc

1st Smoke w/ new Stoker...man I love this thing, 1st thing I did this morning when I woke up was grab my labtop next to my bed and check my Stoker Log....perfect sat at 223 (which is what I set it at) all night and throught the day, what a great thing to have I am going to love it:

In b/w the Smoke for the BUTT, I had heard some great things about the fatties, so I decided to throw one on, I used a JD-Sage & cooked it for about 3 hours, to internal temp of 168, wrapped in foil, then towel, put in cooler for rest, while resting I put some Mary B's Buttermilk biscuits in the convection oven for the fatties:
p303115169-4.jpg

p139991528-4.jpg

Here is the Butt after it had it's rest in the foil & cooler!
p441613066-4.jpg

p456498236-4.jpg

p133967484-4.jpg

p394569139-4.jpg

:biggrin::mrgreen::-D

I admire your restraint in cooler resting the fattie. Mine go from the smoker to the plate and down the hatch!

You slept for 18 hours? lol Nice butts and congrats on everything running as planned!

Nice work, I am not sure I could have let the fatty rest before eating.

OMG What a great looking meal. Those pictures were really nice. Sure wish I could have a little taste. Love to see how others have turned smoking into an art form!

That looks great. I've become a fattie addict. I love making them.

On a side note, the man who started Mary B's was my wife's uncle. He sold out a few years ago just before he past away. His sister (my mother-in-law) is a fantastic cook, and gave him the recipe for his frozen dumplings (his 1st product before biscuits). I'll have to try some pulled pork on some of her fresh biscuits.

Back