Craigslist performer question

Don't think its a performer. Looks like the One touch Platinum I have. No gas or bin but awesome kettle. $40 is a good price. Paid $35.00 for mine. Probaly about 8-10 years old.

You guys are right, I just discovered that with a little more research.. any idea what those went for new? The new platinum's have a different design with a tray on both sides of the grill.

You guys are right, I just discovered that with a little more research.. any idea what those went for new? The new platinum's have a different design with a tray on both sides of the grill.

I don't think it matters what they went for new. You struck a deal with them for $40. For that money it looks as though you have a nice rig that will clean up well. Go pick it up and enjoy it.

That would already be sitting in my garage if it were in my neighborhood. Looks like it is in great shape to me. :thumb:

that's an awesome price, I have the same at home. Those brand new went for $200+. I think the new models are going for about $250.00. Get a cover for it and it will last forever:thumb:

That is a good price for that cover, they threw one in for me though. Threw in an ECB with a cover too that I'll give to my son.

Picked it up today, a few small dents in the lid, and a little discoloration and a small burn mark on the table. All and all a nice cooker, and a nice CL score.

So now I'll pass my 22 OTG down to my son, and he'll pass his 18 OTS that I bought him down to my niece, who's been cooking on a SJG that I bought her.

When I get my performer, he'll get the Platinum, she'll get the OTG. :grin:

Yous looks like the one I rescued off the curb a month or so ago. I Love it.

Last edited:
Yes sir, that's the one.. wow, a curb score, can't beat that.. What did you use to shine the porcelain up?

Water soap and a sponge under the dirt it was brand new. Didn't mean to hijack your thread congrats on a great find.

They made that one for a few years not sure how long. It is identical to the one i bought brand new about 5 years ago.

I picked one up just like that for $40 a few years ago off Craigslist. It’s my go-to backyard grill, and the table and storage rack come in handy. Good find!

Cleaned up nicely.. $40 CL score

weberplatinum005.jpg

Back