Confessions of a Holiday Junkfood Junkie

Cream cheese and salmon spread...goes especially well with Triscuit!

My wife also makes a dynamite fruit cake...mostly nuts and fruit with just enough batter to hold it all together. This time of year she also makes candy...turtles; peanut butter balls; a "brittle" made with chocolate, caramel, and saltine crackers(!); and a homemade version of Mounds candy with pecan instead of almonds...this is a tough time of year for a diabetic!

Really appreciate you guys taking the time to share some of this stuff. I'm gonna try Scott's meatballs today, with one variation. I have the smoker going so I think I'll try some of the batch in there for a little added smoke flavor. It's all or nothing for me now...packed on 14 lbs since the beginning of the month.

I'm gonna try Scott's meatballs today, with one variation. I have the smoker going so I think I'll try some of the batch in there for a little added smoke flavor.

Let me know how this comes out, as I've been wanting to try it.

One of my Philly Cream Cheese faves, is to soften a block then press it out to an even thickness on a dinner plate. Top with chopped green onions, shredded co-jack cheese. Cover with a generous layer of cocktail sauce and a couple cans of tiny cocktail shrimp or thawed and drained small cooked frozen shrimp. Serve with Ritz crackers.

i like pecan pie for breakfast. Just about cleared out the Christmas carbs from the house cept for some crappy cookies. Will probably eat them today . . .

Cream cheese and salsa makes a pretty good dip too.

KC....that cream cheese/shrimp thing sounds awesome!

Frognot.....I've got a whole homemade pecan pie in the fridge right now. Was going to put a serious hurting on it this weekend with late night movies, a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream and a glass of milk.

kcquer said:
BBQ Meatballs

Combine following:
3# ground beef or beef & pork
2 eggs
2 C quick oats
1 13oz can evaporated milk
1 C finely chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Combine thoroughly (kitchen aid to the rescue) and form into walnut sized meatballs this will make 60 meatballs that will fit 20 per 9x13 pan (disposable alum pans work great)

Sauce

Combine following:
3 C catsup
2 C brown sugar (light)
2 T Liquid Smoke
1./2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 C finely diced onion
Mix well drizzle over meatballs.

Bake 1 hr@ 350*. After baking these hold for hours in a low croc-pot.

NOTE To Brother Spicebag, Next time we have a chance to meet, I'm bringing you a batch of these!!

This is some good stuff! Went together in on time. The better half came home for lunch and took most of them back to work with her. Thinking about trying another batch this afternoon and adding some sauce towards the end while they are still in the smoker.

Thanks again Scott!

That Freaking tub of 3 kinds of popcorn. Never eat the regular,but I can't pass up the cheese and caramel corn

Bigmista said:
That Freaking tub of 3 kinds of popcorn. Never eat the regular,but I can't pass up the cheese and caramel corn
Caramel corn RULZ!

I needed to make sure I wrote KC's recipe down accurately. Perfect for the holiday season.

Favorite T-day junk food? Bloody marys made with clamato!!!!
Vegetable overload.

Bloody marys made with clamato!!!!
Joe, those are my favorite on Christmas as well. Man I might need to add them to our Thanksgiving menu as well.